Lockheed Martin Program Planner Staff in Orlando, Florida
Description: At Lockheed Martin, we are passionate about innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our capacity – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, education and background.
Do you want to be part of an environment that encourages and supports employees to think big, perform with quality, and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the resourcefulness and courage to work hard, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Come and experience your future!
Our team is seeking a highly skilled experienced Program Planner to join the Training and Logistics Solutions Line of Business. As a Program Planner you will work in a cross-functional team, collaborating with the business and delivering real-time solutions to our clients. You will interface with program management, finance, our customers, functional leads, and control account managers (CAMs).
To succeed in this role, you must have strong attention to detail, a highly analytical mindset and presentation skills. You will effectively use your interpersonal skills to collaborate in a team environment, communicate effectively and manage multiple deadline driven tasks.
- Serves as consultant to management and internal spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Finance and Business Operations, and Program Management while working within the program planning team to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive progress and performance, monitor changes and status, and facilitate communication between partners
- Assist in negotiating hand-offs between product areas regarding technical content and schedules, as well as facilitating workaround planning
- Serve as a liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics, utilizing our Integrated Master Scheduler (IMS), to provide visibility and communicate potential issues to management and engineering
- Develop recovery plans to ensure program milestones are completed in accordance with the contract requirements and LM RMS financial plans
- Use of critical path methodology and application in network development, analysis, and problem resolution
- Perform independent schedule risk assessments and mitigation planning, and support proposal activities
Benefits: In addition to the responsibilities highlighted above we offer extensive benefits to include competitive 401k, insurance, and a new 4/10 schedule. We remain an equal opportunity company.
•Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 10 years of related professional experience, or 8 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Considered an emerging authority.
•Proficient experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Microsoft Project and or similar scheduling tool.
• Advanced experience working in a customer-focused role and experience compiling, preparing, and presenting information and/or proposals
•Ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required (U.S. citizenship is required)
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 10 years of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree
•8-10 years’ experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications
•8-10 years’ experience working in a customer-focused role and experience compiling, preparing, and presenting information and/or proposals
•Expert user of Integrated Cost Schedule Management, Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR), Integrated Master Plan (IMP) Development
•Expert user with planning and scheduling tools such Microsoft Project, Acumen and Milestone Professional
•Expert user of Critical Path Methodology, Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) Development, and Earned Value Management (EVMS)
•Strong business acumen, solid communication, writing, and presentation skills, and ability to work effectively across multiple disciplines in a fast-paced environment
•Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, enthusiastic and customer-focused
•Ability to work independently leading an integrated team
•Expert in the application of integrated cost/schedule techniques
•Demonstrated ability to use critical-thinking to solve complex problems
•Strong sense of follow-up and closure with strict attention to detail
•Advanced in identifying risk mitigation and/or opportunity in schedule and cost performance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs