HCA, Hospital Corporation of America PreOp Screening Nurse (Part-time) in Overland Park, Kansas
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Prescreening Nurse today.
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Prescreening Registered Nurse for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
As the Prescreening Registered Nurse you will assume the responsibility of collecting health information and assessing your patient’s healthcare needs prior to his/her operation. We are proud to be an organization who cares like family, and are looking for a new addition to support this value.
What you will do in this role:
- Contact your operative patients for pre-operative assessment
- Assess the physical and psychological health status of your patients requiring surgical intervention
- You will perform preoperative patient phone calls to conduct preadmission assessments and to provide appropriate pre-operative instructions to your patients
- Coordinate with your surgery center scheduler to facilitate, organize and complete charts for the procedure
- Consult with your Physician/CRNA with patient assessment concerns and schedules preoperative evaluations for your patient as appropriate
- You will report test abnormalities and any other pertinent information to your Physician, CRNA, procedure room staff, and other pre-operative area staff as necessary
_Mid-America Surgery Institute (MASI)_is an accredited surgery center located in Overland Park, Kansas. It is affiliated with Menorah Medical Center. Our staff and surgeons are of the highest quality you can find, providing care like family. We offer a state of the art facility and the newest technology in our five operating rooms and three procedure rooms. Performing around 650 cases a month, our specialties include urology, orthopedics, plastics, ENT, gastroenterology, OB/YGN, podiatry, and pain.
Conveniently located near Menorah Medical Center and centralized near the town center, we are proud to a part of the HCA Healthcare organization.HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Prescreening Nurse opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Qualifications you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a PACU or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
- Active RN license as required by state of employment
- Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment.* *online certification not acceptable
- ACLS required
- PALS as required by facility
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: PreOp Screening Nurse (Part-time)
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Mid-America Surgery Institute
Requisition ID: 03424-2302