HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) PACU - Part Time in Overland Park, Kansas
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a PACU RN today withMenorah Medical Center.
At MMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts. * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
The Life of an HCA Nurse PACU nurses provide compassionate care to post-anesthesia patients. They are often the first person patients see after a major surgery. They have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and excellent communication skills.
About this unit:
* Team work!! The culture that surrounds us in the PACU is not only one of great patient care, but the feeling of true support by those who work beside you.
* Supportive nurse leaders, experienced Charge RNs & exceptional physician support.
* The PACU Nurse is responsible for the care of patients immediately recovering from Anesthesia generally associated with a “procedure”.
* Patients receiving general and/or regional anesthesia as assessed closely for complications related to anesthesia and/or their procedure. * The nurse monitors and prepares the patient for transfer to the care of other nurses in PACU II or nursing unit. * The role of the Registered Nurse is to provide patient care under the direction of the Nursing Director/Manager. * The Nursing Process Model (Assessment, Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation) is utilized to deliver care in the PACU.
* The Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, focuses on the immediate post procedure care and pain management of the patient, and supports the mission of Menorah Medical Center. * The Registered Nurse in 704 PACU provides care for pediatric patients between (1 yrs-12 yrs); adolescent patients between (13yrs to 18 yrs) ; adult patients between (19 yrs to 64 yrs) and senior adult patients (65 yrs and older).
What Qualifications You Will Need:
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with either an ADN, Diploma, or BSN degree.
· Must hold a current RN license from the Kansas Board of Nursing or an active compact license. BLS and ACLS from American Heart Association required upon hire. AHA PALS or ENPC are required within 6 months of hire. National certification in Post Anesthesia or other specialty nursing is preferred.
· Minimum of one year PACU or ICU experience preferred.
Menorah Medical Center, a 155 bed, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves our community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. MMC has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.__
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our PACU RN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) PACU - Part Time
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Menorah Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09723-66614