Lockheed Martin Cyber Systems Security Engineer in Owego, New York
Description: Cybersecurity engineering is an evolving field, our processes and approaches are evolving to meet those challenges. We’re looking for engineers who can synthesize technical and process information from multiple sources to develop innovative solutions in fluid problem spaces.
This includes participating in working groups, design reviews, and formal artifact reviews alongside other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the overall platform; and providing security expertise to ensure that cyber security is considered early in the product development lifecycle.
Applicant is expected to conduct a range of cyber risk analysis and security assessment methods; implement patches and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to address cyber vulnerabilities, feature changes, or obsolescence; develop documentation for specific installations and configurations necessary to obtain Authorizations to Operation (ATOs) in support of program schedules; and contribute to and implement Plans of Actions and Milestones (POAMs) to mitigate open cyber risks.
The ideal candidate will communicate effectively with a range of audiences, technical and non-technical, and will function effectively on an engineering team to create a collaborative and inclusive environment that allows for the establishment of mission goals, itemized planning of tasks, and prioritization of tasks that drives the efficient execution of objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct cyber risk assessment activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis and analysis of mitigation solutions.
- Develop, evaluate and analyze design constrains, trade-offs and detailed system and security design as they pertain to the cyber domain.
- Coordinate with cyber and system architects and developers to provide oversight in the development of solutions.
- Conduct cybersecurity test and evaluation of hardware and/or software designs to verify and validate compliance with defined specifications and requirements.
- Employ cyber security processes, methods, techniques and tools and assure their consistent application.
-Coordinate and address Supply Chain risk management concerns.
- Implement appropriate assessment and authorization activities as the need arises by customers.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities, be well organized, flexible, and self-motivated.
• Ability to communicate effectively with systems engineers, network engineers and software developers.
• Experience with creating and presenting technical information
• Security+, or CISSP certification (must obtain within 6 months)
• DoD 8570 Risk Management Framework experience
• Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
• Experience with Real-Time Embedded Operating Systems (e.g. GreenHills INEGRITY, LynxOS, VxWorks, Yocto)
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering/CAMEO tools is a plus.
• Experience developing and maintaining core security documentation artifacts for A&A Packages including Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), System Security Plan (SSP), Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), and Risk Assessment Report (RAR)
• Cybersecurity engineering experience including: Security administration, Firewall Rule Management, Patch management, Security Scans, and Cyber Threat Modeling
• Experience with scanning systems using the DISA ACAS or SCAP vulnerability assessment tool
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs