Lockheed Martin Labor Relations Manager in Palmdale, California
Description: This role will provide day-to-day management guidance to Palmdale site labor relations team for labor contract negotiations and administration. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Interpret and administer collective bargaining agreements and provide advice and counsel to line management
• Administer and lead employee discipline system relating to represented employees at the Palmdale site
• Manage all represented personnel transactions, wage administration, grievance administration, investigations, and other daily operations of the Palmdale Labor Relations function
• Assure that labor relations policies are in compliance with NLRB, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, and other workforce management laws and regulations
• Interface with LM Aero-Palmdale unions
• Partner with peers and Corporate Labor Relations executive leadership to develop strategic direction of the organization and identify opportunities to enhance the skills and capabilities of Labor Relations practitioners
This key position serves as the Palmdale Labor Relations site leader. Executive interface is a regular part of the position responsibilities.
Must be a US Citizen or legally authorized to work in US as a permanent resident. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Desired Skills: Previous leadership experience
• Experience serving as a chief spokesperson and company point of contact with one or more labor unions
• Certification(s) in the labor relations discipline
• Proficient with LMPeople or PeopleSoft software
• Labor Relations and HR experience in a Lean Manufacturing organization
• Ability to build effective relationships and partner with business leaders to influence labor relations practices across the Business Area
• Capability to influence and develop credibility among functional and program leadership, union leadership, and colleagues
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; effective listening skills
• Capability to serve as a chief spokesperson and company point of contact with one or more labor unions
• Familiar with grievance procedure administration including settlement negotiations and contribution toward preparation of arbitration presentations
• Effective investigative techniques
• Ability to interact effectively in a conflict environment
• Familiar with NLRA and other employment law. Demonstrated proficiency in application of The Act.
• Previous Human Resources experience, preferably in Labor Relations
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.