Lockheed Martin Lead Engineer - Subsystems - Level 4 in Palmdale, California
Description: Subsystem Lead Engineer - Level 4
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
This position is for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works® Advanced Development Programs (ADP). The position supports LM Aeronautics - ADP as a lead Mechanical Systems Engineer for the Subsystems integration team.
Position is for a Vehicle Subsystems lead engineer. In addition to leading the Subsystems team, the successful candidate will spend the bulk of their time performing technical work on various subsystems. Experience with Architecture Design aspects of all air vehicle subsystems, Supplier Technical Management, Team Leadership, Customer Engagement, EV/CAM Duties and Demo/Development is highly desired.
• Directing the technical activity of the Vehicle Subsystems design and integration and management of technical teams. The candidate must be comfortable planning technical tasks, including associated cost and schedule estimates.
• Position may include some travel in support of testing, customer meetings, or intra-Lockheed Martin coordination.
A level 5 employee Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
• Bachelor or above degree in an Engineering Technical discipline
• Experience with the development and integration of one or more of the following air-vehicle subsystems:
- Vehicle management computers,
- Power distribution,
- Actuation systems,
- Fuel systems,
- Flight termination systems,
- Vehicle tracking,
- Data acquisition
• Vehicle Subsystems Design and Development of highly specialized aircraft through the life cycle: Architecture, Requirements, Design, Development, Integration, Testing, and Flight Test experience
• Documentation of subsystem requirements, preparation of procurement specifications and Statement of Work packages, and supplier selection for the following components
• Prior experience in the design and integration of air-vehicle subsystems
• Experience in developing vehicle architectures, including communication and power
• Ability to allocate functions to components to optimize subsystem packaging
• Familiarity with reducing component volume and weight impacts on the system
• Understanding of communication architectures and software/hardware integration
• Establish qualification/acceptance test requirements
• Hands on hardware experience
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint), Spice, etc.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs