Lockheed Martin Research Scientist Sr in Palmdale, California
Description: This Research Scientist position is with the Computational Electromagnetic (CEM) Codes and Tools team with Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works® Advanced Development Programs.
The candidate will develop software used to design, analyze, predict, test, and integrate Radar Cross Section (RCS) technologies. The candidate shall be skilled in developing and deploying advanced engineering software in both Windows and Red Hat Linux operating system environments. He/She uses standard software development tools like Visual Studio, Git and GitHub, and vi and GNU Emacs to develop software in a collaborative environment. The candidate shall perform and coordinate advanced CEM technology development efforts in conjunction with other disciplines like Computer Science, and Theoretical and Applied Mathematics in a group environment. Previous experience with scientific software development, parallel programming, software de-bugging, and knowledge of current and evolving High Performance Computing (HPC) architectures is strongly desired. The candidate must have previous CEM software development practice, and experience compiling codes and deploying software to HPC platforms.
** Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
***Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance***
• BS in one of Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or Physics discipline(s)
• Experience and practice in the FORTRAN programming language
• Experience optimizing scientific codes for High Performance Computers (HPC) using Message Passing Interface (MPI) and / or OpenMP parallel programming protocols
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Advanced degree in computational electromagnetics, linear algebra
• Prior experience in developing, maintaining or deploying state-of-the-art enterprise CEM software
• Experience and knowledge of ScaLAPACK, Intel Math Kernel Library and the Intel family of compilers
• Experience interfacing with internal and external customers
• Experience in leading code development teams and basic project management skill sets
• Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of tools
• Experience writing proposals
• Current/Active DoD Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs