HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Charge Nurse (RN) - Rehab in Pasadena, Texas
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
*HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast – Pasadena, TX*
*Charge Nurse (RN) – Rehab *
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast,a 345-bed facility has been a leader of the medical center in the Pasadena area for more than 50 years. With board-certified physicians, registered nurses, and expert technicians, the community has come to rely on us for top-quality, comprehensive and compassionate health care. We are a full-service acute care hospital.
The hospital is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- The Charge Nurse coordinates nursing care on the unit through staff assignments, assisting/rounding with physicians, coordinating patient orders, communicating with ancillary departments and assisting staff.
- Coordinates nursing care for the patient and participates in patient / family education. Works collaboratively with ancillary staff and other patient care personnel in maintaining standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Participates in performance improvement activities to improve patient safety and quality of care. Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers. Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment. Fulfills departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast.
What qualifications you will need:
Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners as an RN.
Graduate from accredited school of nursing required.
- 2-3 years of acute care nursing experience
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from the Talent Acquisition team.
We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Charge Nurse (RN) - Rehab
Location: Texas-Pasadena-HCA Houston Southeast
Requisition ID: 00009-127077