Bank of America Software Engineer III - Mobile in Pennington, New Jersey
Software Engineer III - Mobile
Pennington, New Jersey
We are searching for a Mobile Developer to join our team. Responsible for designing and developing complex requirements to accomplish business goals. Ensures that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. Ensures solutions are well designed with maintainability/ease of integration and testing built-in from the outset. Possess strong proficiency in development and testing practices common to the industry, and have extensive experience of using design and architectural patterns. At this level, specializations start to form in either Architecture, Test Engineering or DevOp. Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements. Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle. Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas. Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements. Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements. Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work.Designs/develops/modifiesarchitecture components, application interfaces, and solution enablers while ensuring principal architecture integrity is maintained.Designs/develops/maintainsautomated test suites (integration, regression, performance). Sets up and develops a continuousintegration/continuousdelivery pipeline. Automates manual release activities. Mentors other Software Engineers and coaches team on CI-CD practices and automating tool stack.
• Translate requirements created by functional analysts into the architecture for that solution and describing it through the set of architecture and design documents.
• Lead in the creation and maintenance of documentation related to solutions mentioned above.
• Ensure selected solutions are technically and operationally feasible.
• Design, develop & prototype Android native customer applications for internal and external use.
• Participate in full app life cycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test and release to app store.
• Work with product teams on new product ideas and strategy.
• Adhere to all enterprise standards as they relate to the proposed solution.
• Drive a best practices approach to the continuous improvement of our products, processes, and tools.
• Lead, train, guide and mentor other developers on the team.
• Over 6+ years of hands-on experience developing applications in Java/J2EE and on any platform (mobile, web, etc.)
• Over 4+ years of strong hands on experience in Android (Java) native app design and development.
• Strong mobile UI design and implementation experience, including prototyping.
• A rock solid understanding of object-oriented design patterns and Java.
• Experience with multithreading, memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices.
• Passion for analyzing and improving runtime efficiency and memory footprint.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
• Public showcase and repository of Mobile Apps and work desirable.
• Developer tools: Maven, Gradle, Git, Android Studio/Eclipse.
• Web services
• Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
• Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Network layer like Volley
• B.S. or greater Computer Science, related field, or commensurate practical experience OR demonstrable equivalent professional experience.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role
Manages People: No
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America
- Bank of America Jobs