HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Seasonal PRN Neuro Trauma ICU in Plano, Texas
At Medical City Plano, we care like family.
Just as a family does, we pull together to care for, support, and celebrate with patients and each other. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place.
Neuro Trauma ICU Registered Nurse – Seasonal PRN Status with a Full-time Schedule Day Shift 7A – 7P Night Shift 7P – 7A
Applying the standards set forth for nursing practice by the American Nurses Association (ANA), the Neuro Trauma ICU RN will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for unit patients.
• Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care
• Perform necessary technical skills as delineated through education, expertise, and unit requirements
• Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice
Our 34-bed Neuro Trauma ICU is a Level 1 Trauma Center with Stroke Accreditation, which provides critical care for all north Dallas population. Our RN team provides procedures which include coiling’s, clot retrievals and cerebral angiograms. The typical patients on this unit are TBI’s, brain tumors, post spinal patients, SDHs, SAHs, ICHs, ischemic/hemorrhagic strokes, MVA’s and MCC’s. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
SEASONAL STAFF PROGRAM [Runs through April 24, 2021]
Must have at least two (2) years acute care RN experience in the area of specialty – ICU/CCU
Pay Rate: $57/hour
A completion bonus of$4000to be paid after the successful completion of 18 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one completion bonus will be paid per 36-week season.
• All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
• Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4-week period.
• Two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or Designee) are required during the course of the 16 week period.
• Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
• All seasonal RNs will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
• Current FT, PT and PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2020-2021.
Medical City Planois a full-service, Magnet-designated 600 bed acute care hospital with more than 2,070 employees. As part of HCA Healthcare, we have the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide exceptional care. Our services include a Level 1 Trauma Center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular care, and complete women's and children's services, including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
What you need to be successful:
• ADN required / BSN preferred
• Texas RN license or compact license is accepted
• Current BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
• Neuro Trauma ICU/CCU experience preferred
• Must have at least two (2) years ICU/CCU RN experience in an acute care hospital
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse Seasonal PRN Neuro Trauma ICU
Location: Texas-Plano-Medical City Plano
Requisition ID: 00058-131728