Bank of America Scrum Master in Plano, Texas
The Scrum Master is responsible for monitoring and facilitating the scrum processes, routines, processes, and communications. This individual, acting as a servant leader, increases team efficiency, motivates the agile team, removes impediments, and oversees changes that will ensure quality and timely execution, while ensuring that the definition of done is understood and followed.
The Scrum Master is responsible for overseeing multiple Scrum delivery teams within a specific business area. Strong communication skills to work with senior management to deliver requirements. Strong analytical, problem solving, quality management, and organizational skills. The desired Scrum Master will be working on enterprise level efforts involving data sourcing, aggregation, analysis and reporting with outputs to Bank Leadership and Federal Regulators. The desired candidate will oversee the SDLC of Tech and Business initiatives acting as an Agile Scrum Master.
The desired candidate will be responsible for the following: scrum facilitation; guiding teams through sprints, sprint retrospectives, point estimations; risk mitigation; impediment removal; impact assessments and achieving milestones. This individual will be working in a cross functional/matrix environment.
As a subject matter expert, demonstrates Lean Agile practices through designated materials and facilitated demonstrations. Provides a knowledge base critical to the success of Lean Agile Transformation. Engages teams in using real life examples and situations to incorporate the benefits of Lean Agile and provides recommendations for usage. Is clearly recognized as a lean agile subject matter expert by peers.
The Scrum Master is an Individual Contributor and Servant Leader who provides education to teams adopting the scaled agile framework, specific to SAFe, Scrum, lean, and Kanban. This person will be responsible for providing knowledge and expertise around lean agile processes while educating key roles in the organization to leverage practices learned in day to day operations and engagements.
Delivers training output materials constructing observations and suggested strategies for lean agile coach review. Aims to both provide knowledge and enthusiasm for team members to try new approaches and techniques.
This role partners closely with Lean Agile Coaches, Agile teams at all levels and Senior Leadership to provide the highest quality coaching and education based on team needs. Provides instruction and guidance on: Scrum, Kanban, scaled agile concepts and practices including value stream mapping, train increment planning and execution.
Act as Scrum Master for multiple agile development teams, contributing to the successful implementation of assigned Epics by ensuring that all the required elements are appropriately understood, documented, owned, and actioned by the team. Partners with Business Partners and application SMEs to identify and mitigate risk and execute upon end-to-end technology development to deliver solutions. Manages to timelines and communicates status. Attends scrum of scrum, program iteration planning, and inspects and adapts. Lead agile team to facilitate sprint events (stand up, planning, demo, and retrospective.) Applies technical/business knowledge in determining end-to-end design requirements for large initiatives involving line of business and agile teams. Works closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and designs are translated accurately into working stories. Works under minimal supervision on line of business projects requiring creative solutions. Creates forum for communicating vision, goals, and product backlog items to the team. Understands long-term product planning, while practicing agility. Coach the team in self-organization and cross-functionality. Teach and lead the team to create high-value products.
• Facilitate Scrum routines i.e. Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Demos/Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives.
• Collaborates with Product owner and development team member’s to prioritize and define stories using JIRA.
• Coordinates the work between onshore based in US and offshore team based in India.
• Integrate with project, technology and business partners to manage the projects and be proactive in gathering status updates from partners, while minimizing impact.
• Able to influence and negotiate both vertically and horizontally to obtain agreement between partners.
• Ensures the team has a healthy Product and Sprint backlog (in collaboration with the Product Owner).
• Provides visibility into the Agile team’s delivery plans and progress against plan to stakeholders.
• Measures team delivery, maturity, and performance and reviews the metrics with the team to identify improvement opportunities
• 5-7 years experience in technology and working in an agile environment.
• Must be SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) 5 certified and in good standing or obtain SSM 5 certification within 3 months.
• Working knowledge of Lean Agile SDLC processes and deliverables.
• Ability to lead discussions and learning sessions with 30+ attendees.
• Willingness to facilitate learning and empower team members to teach others (Train the Trainer).
• Working knowledge of Quality Center/ Application Lifecycle Management.
• Excellent proficiency and hands-on experience with Jira.
• Experience in developing and delivering education sessions
• Experience in education at all levels of management within the agile framework (portfolio, program, team).
• Experience in education and demonstrating facilitation of core agile practices including but not limited to:
• Servant Leadership
• Value stream mapping
• Feature and story backlog prioritization and refinement
• Release planning (Program Increment)
• Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
• Process oriented and detailed oriented
• Positive attitude and open to feedback
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to be accountable for meeting all deliverable dates for task assignments
• Ability to foster strong collaboration among team members and help team solve problems.
• Self-motivation, self-direction, organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex fast paced environment without sacrificing quality or timelines.
• Have ability to establish High level of credibility with executives and business partners; demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate, and drive to results.
• Able to work independently with limited supervision in a fast paced challenging environment
• SAFe SPC 5 certification is a plus
• SAFe RTE 5 certification is a plus
General Job Description:
Responsible for optimizing the flow of stories and the value delivered by one or more Scrum teams. Coordinates and facilitates Scrum ceremonies, managing dependencies for the team, providing visibility into team delivery plans and progress, enabling continuous improvement within the team. Ensures the impediments are resolved quickly, the team follows their agreed-to processes, and that there is a good relationship between the Product Owner and the development team. Acts as an Agile Coach, promoting and coaching the Agile mindset and principles, empowering the team to become self-managing and fulfill their cross-functional potential. Guides and coaches one or more teams on Scrum practices, and develops their understanding of Agile principles. Facilitates Scrum ceremonies i.e. Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Demos/Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives. In a Scaled Agile model, facilitates scaled planning for the team - e.g. Pre Planning/ Preparation, PI Planning Events - and represents the team in Scrum of Scrums/ART Syncs. Helps the team define norms/agreements, like a Definition of Ready and Definition of Done, and enforces the agreements. Ensures the team has a healthy product and Sprint backlog (in collaboration with the PO). Facilitates dependency management/risk management/impediment removal for the team. Promotes/facilitates communication and collaboration within the Agile team to support value delivery and Sprint commitments. Provides visibility into the Agile teams delivery plans and progress against plan to stakeholders. Enables the team to become high performing through collaboration and a relentless focus on continuous improvement including cross-skilling across the team. Measures team delivery, maturity, and performance and reviews the metrics with the team to identify improvement opportunities. Mentors more junior Scrum Masters. Individual Contributor.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role
Manages People: No
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America
- Bank of America Jobs