HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Safety Attendant in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA)is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Portsmouth Regionalis a209-bed acute carehospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region’s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area’s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the onlyLevel II Trauma Centeron the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Recently, we were named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades.Most recently, we received theLeapfrog ‘A’ Hospital Safety Grade.
/Our patients are our priority, but so are_you_!/
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Patient Safety Attendant to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
_SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS_:
- Demonstrates sensitivity and respect to the patient, family and/or significant other(s).
- Provides for the privacy of patients/family.
- Maintains frequency of patient observational checks as directed by the physician or nurse, documenting each check.
- When assigned to the 1:1 observation of a patient, does not leave the patient until relieved by another staff person;/_never_/leaves the patient unattended unless directed by the nurse.
- Assures that other staff relieve him/her for meals and breaks in order to assure vigilant observation.
- Discusses with assigned nurse, guidelines for any conversation with the patient.
- Reports data to assigned nurse in a timely manner.
- Primary responsibility is to stay with the patient and assure his/her safety.
- Documents all pertinent information..
- Reports all details of the shift to the assigned nurse at the end of shift or during the shift if there is a change in patient behavior or significant information to report.
- Adheres to hospital policies on documentation.
- Communicates and interacts with internal and external customers of various ages.
- Complies with infection control precaution standards.
- Complies with safety and security policies of the hospital.
- Complies with hospital policies/procedures..
- Supports and participates in the organizations continuous quality improvement program.
QUALIFICATIONS Experience: 1 year of experience as a Patient Safety Attendant is required
HOURS OF WORK As scheduled by Department Director to ensure appropriate coverage of department services.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Safety Attendant
Location: New Hampshire-Portsmouth-Portsmouth Regional Hospital - Portsmouth
Requisition ID: 00147-10888