Oracle Consulting Project Manager | Oracle Retail in Princeton, New Jersey
A fully competent project management professional who has a broad understanding of solutions and industry best practices. This first-level project management position provides consistent creative and high quality solution leadership ensuring project quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer s satisfaction.
Employs independent judgment in guiding moderately complex activities involved in the successful implementation of an integrated business solution, ensuring project quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer s satisfaction. Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle s solution meets the customer s objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge. Effectively applies Oracle s methodologies, policies, and procedures while adhering to contractual obligations, thereby minimizing Oracle s risk and exposure. As a project lead, assists project team with aspects of their roles. Effectively influences decisions at the management level of customer organizations. Ensures deliverables are acceptable and works closely with the customer to understand and manage project expectations. Supports business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain credibility. Manages the scope of small projects and sub-projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 0-5 years of project management experience. Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles. Comfortable working in a matrix management environment. Strong communication skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus. Bachelor s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a remote/office based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
*Consulting Project Manager | Oracle Retail *
This Role is can be remote based (US only) and requires up to 50% travel to client locations.
Oracle is looking for an experienced Consulting Project Manager to join the Oracle Retail Global Business Unit (RGBU) Consulting organization. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with many retailers and will manage the implementation of Oracle industry leading retail software products for Point of Sale, CRM, Analytics etc.
Projects could require managing global implementations of our retail products spanning many geographical regions.
The Project Managers at Oracle are the planners in an organization primarily comprised of hands-on technologists. They are the consultative peers of client project owners and team managers. Project Managers have many years of experience managing the implementation and delivery of software products. They can comfortably speak with anyone about any aspect of a product implementation project at any stage and add value.
• PM’s are leaders of their projects. The individual with primary accountability in their hands. They influence and control the success of their specific customer engagement. They have the opportunity to become trusted advisors.
• Project managers must proactively look forward, anticipate issues and manage expectations, internally and externally.
• Align with Oracle Processes and methodologies for managing their projects
• PM is responsible for effectively organizing, tracking and reporting of Project KPI’s
• Effectively manage Projects to agreed margin, scope and deliver with high quality.
• Provide Regular and reliable project reporting.
• Manage Projects in compliance with Corporate processes
• Lead and Motivate Oracle Project team.
• Listen, learn and consult. This is a client facing services role where you will interact directly and frequently with outside business and technical stakeholders.
• Lead a team of highly talented, senior, motivated and self-directed software professionals. This is not a job for a micro-manager; it’s a job for a problem avoider / problem solver.
• Conduct day-to-day client communications. Build credibility and trust. Promote transparency. Manage expectations.
• Represent the team effectively by keeping things realistic. Avoid slippage. Mitigate risk.
• Establish credibility by climbing the curve to understand anything - at any level of depth - related to the project.
• Raise red flags and facilitate dialogue that transforms “issues” into actionable plans.
• Oversee the entire software development life cycle: Gather Requirements. Review requirements. Author specifications. Write stories. Build task lists. Run status reviews. Prioritize. Manage scope. Track Velocity. Re-prioritize. Update the backlog. Stay a step or two ahead.
• 5 years managing software projects with at least 5 resources and budgets of $1M
• Intermediate to Expert level skills using MS Project to run projects
• Superlative interpersonal and communication skills, including polished presentation skills: you will regularly present project status / demo software to all levels client organizations.
• Familiarity with Agile software development methodology (Scrum and/or XP).
• Experience taking proactive action to improve project velocity and code reliability.
• A knack for herding business analysts, software engineers, QA resources, and customers and proactively micro-managing team members when needed to make sure stuff gets done.
• The experience and maturity to communicate with customers and handle difficult conversations; to tackle problems head on.
• Experience with understanding, tracking, and managing project financials.
• PMP certification is preferable.
• Retail Industry background is a plus.
• Some domestic and international travel may be needed during project kick off, requirement gathering phase or during important project milestones.
• Candidates must be able to commit to up to 50% travel.
• Bilingual (Spanish and English) candidates who can travel to Mexico or Latin America are also a strong plus but this is not a requirement
Title: Consulting Project Manager | Oracle Retail
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 21000I3L
- Oracle Jobs