Penske Communications Specialist - Employee Communications in Reading, Pennsylvania
Join the Corporate Communications team in the Marketing Department to help support internal communications. The Communications Specialist will work with others on the Corporate Communications team, as well as other internal departments, to create and publish content for associates and other audiences.
If you have prior experience working with content creation for intranets, blogs or publications and working in a team environment with editing/publishing content – we want to hear from you!
• Create, plan, write, and execute internal communications for Penske associates.
• Write clear, consistent and frequent messages regarding key initiatives using a variety of channels, including: intranet, blogs, emails, flyers, ads and newsletters.
• Collaborate with other departments and product lines to communicate their initiatives and other important announcements.
• Write feature stories on associates, teams and locations to help promote associate engagement and reward and recognition.
• Provide general copywriting and editing support as needed.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Journalism, or equivalent years of related experience required.
• 1-5 years of experience in marketing communications
• Prior experience creating original content for internal and/or external audiences.
• Strong writing and task management/organizational skills.
• Experience in a fast-paced deadline intensive environment
• Proven ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Strong knowledge of AP Style
• Proficient in the use of MS Office products required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Marketing
Req ID: 2008528
- Penske Jobs