Penske Director - Compensation in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penske’s Compensation Director has key responsibility for the design, implementation and ongoing evaluation of the organization’s global compensation programs, including base pay, incentive pay, and merit processes. In this role, you will evaluate current compensation programs and develop strategies to ensure that we properly reward our associates, prepare our business for future growth and stay current with pay regulations. This is a highly collaborative role among HR business partners and business leaders to create compensation solutions to meet leadership goals today and in the future.
Compensation Design - Plan, develop and implement our global compensation programs including policies, processes and communications. Proactively create and implement new or revised compensation plans where needed. Oversee market research and analysis to determine or support changes in current pay plans /programs to remain market competitive.
Pay Compliance – Ensure pay programs are consistently administered and in compliance with company policies and government regulations. Stay current on industry compensation practices and partner with Legal to understand and assess changing regulations and address and communicate any potential impact on the business as appropriate.
Sales Compensation – Work in partnership with Corporate Sales leaders to design and maintain effective incentive compensation programs. This work includes cost and payout benchmarking, SPIF design, and scenario analysis. Present plan design enhancements and recommendations to leadership on a regular basis. Develop analytics on commission plan cost drivers and plan effectiveness.
Consultation – Offer expertise and guidance to HR and managers on pay recommendations and decisions, job evaluations, and provide creative solutions that are compliant,equitable and meet the demands of the business. Provide communication and education to HR, business leaders and our associates on compensation and pay programs.
Collaboration – Collaborate with teams across HR to ensure alignment of policies and practices where needed to drive maximum team member engagement through aligned HR practices tied to the organization’s strategic objectives.
Leadership - provide leadership and development to team of compensation professionals and ensure they are proficient in compensation policies and practices and are able to guide and influence HR and leaders appropriately. Promote ongoing development and cross-functional learning among the team.
Other projects assigned by HR leadership
• 8 years of Compensation, Human Resources, Finance or related experience required
• 3 years designing sales compensation plans is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field required, Master’s degree preferred
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) highly preferred or willingness to obtain certification, PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred, Sales Compensation Certification preferred
• Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and motivate a high performing team
• Strong presentation, communication and collaboration skills required, prior experience presenting to senior leadership preferred
• Ability to anticipate and troubleshoot challenges and design creative solutions to address those challenges
• Strong analytical skills using both qualitative and quantitative data
• Project planning and management skills
• Advanced MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
• Willingness to travel up to 25%, primarily domestically with occasional international travel required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more
Work Locations: 100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Human Resources
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Human Resources
Req ID: 2009697
- Penske Jobs