HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Surgery Nurse Technician III in Reston, Virginia
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA)is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Located in the outskirts of Washington, D.C,Reston Hospital Center, a 199-bed acute facility, lies within the vibrant Town Center of Reston, known for its lively mix of restaurants, shops, and services. Reston Hospital Center is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Reston Hospital Centerholds certifications within our stroke and total joint center and is accredited in the chest pain center. Most importantly, Reston Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community by putting patients first.
/Our patients are our priority, but so are_you_!/
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Nurse Technician III to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
- Must successfully complete orientation program and validation of skills.
- Assist with the collection of patient data. Communicates information to the professional nursing staff.
- Able to take vital signs, perform weights, feed patients, empty foley bags/drains and performs or assists with activities of daily living.
- Verifies patient identity and explains specifics of procedures to patients before performing. Maintains proficiency in specialty areas of electrocardiography and phlebotomy to ensure that patients do not require repeat testing. Prepares laboratory and ECG or x-ray test requisitions as requested by the RN.
- Perform urinary catheterization.
- Perform peripheral IV sticks.
- Perform IV/central line dressing changes.
- Monitor chest tubes and feeding tubes.
- In the Emergency Department, performs appropriate casting and splinting and crutch walking. Other patient care responsibilities are suture set-ups and simple dressing changes and suture removal.
- Performs specific diagnostic tests and treatments under the direction of the RN to include foley catheter discontinuation. Other patient care responsibilities are suture set-ups and simple dressing changes and suture removal. The Nursing Tech III will also perform blood glucose monitoring and removal of IV catheters.
- Monitors cardiac rhythms. Documents and mounts strips per protocol.
- Documents data collected and care given in a clear and concise manner. Presents documentation for RN review and signature.
- Maintains sterile instruments, portable oxygen and equipment.
- Safely transports patients, specimens and equipment. Demonstrates an awareness of safety issues.
- Discharges non-acute patients under the direction of the RN. Ensures all patient’s valuables and belongings accompany patient.
- Maintains a clean, well stocked, hazard-free clinical area. Performs general housekeeping duties that are specific to the clinic department. Cleans and maintains clinical equipment.
- Ensures efficient and timely flow of clinical patients. Works as a collaborative member of the clinical team. Demonstrates ability to adjust to increased volume and/or acuity.
- Assures that patient rights and privacy are maintained. Deals with patient information in a confidential manner.
- Follows safety and infection control policies of hospital, nursing, laboratory and cardiopulmonary departments, utilizes good aseptic techniques.
- Attends department meetings, inservice and other educational opportunities as scheduled. Participates in department QA/QI activities.
- Is friendly, cooperative, and flexible; able to follow directions well, works well individually and as a team player.
- Evaluates and maintains unit, personal, and patients' safety by following hospital and nursing division policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS Licensure: Clinical Technician Class/Certification preferred or equivalent experience. CPR certification required. Experience: Phlebotomy skills required (may receive on-the-job training). ECG skills required (may receive on-the-job training). Ability to maintain a mature, professional manner and demonstrate sound judgment when interacting with patients, physicians, hospital personnel and the public.
HOURS OF WORK As scheduled by Department Director to ensure appropriate coverage of department services. Must be able to work weekends as scheduled. Participates in on-call requirements as per department policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Surgery Nurse Technician III
Location: Virginia-Reston-Reston Hospital Center - Reston
Requisition ID: 08540-19065