Bank of America RTC Voice Architect- Zoom Architect in Richardson, Texas
RTC Voice Architect- Zoom Architect
Jersey City, New Jersey;Richardson, Texas; New York, New York
LOB Job Description:
Manages design, configuration, and implementation for a large or several small to medium systems. Deals with most difficult or complex systems and generates new design ideas. Interfaces with business areas to ensure all initiatives support business strategies and goals. Primary liaison with vendors, consultants and Sr Tech Mgrs. Responsible for staffing, performance management and compensation decision making. Ensures proper training and staffing on an on-going and project basis.
LOB Job Description -
• Interprets diverse business requirements into technical Real Time Communications (RTC) solutions framework.
• Provide technology roadmaps governed by strategic direction, business requirements as well as resourcing and financial constraints.
• Works across multiple vendors and internal partners to produce technically excellent solutions architecture that is aligned to business needs and direction.
• Provide impute to technical direction and frameworks to meet business needs. Provide expert consultation for major network initiatives or incidents. Produce and/or endorse network standards.
• Provide guidance and recommendations specific to customer requirements.
• Evaluate emerging technologies against business and IT strategic needs. Serve as a contributor on network initiatives. Update standards and guidelines as requested.
• Review the feasibility of new and existing IT projects. Write technical and business documentation. Lead high level scoping and costing activities if required.
• Develop strong linkage with the Architecture and Solutions team to deliver standard designs and ensure compliance
• Participate in peer reviews for high and low level designs
• Ensure LOB and production characteristics are understood
• Responsible for delivery of complex solutions on time and on budget
• Develop detailed, low level technical designs for complex Enterprise Voice Solutions
• Ensure successful delivery of technical solutions into the production environment
• Provide L3 support to resolve complex and visible production issues as required
• Accountable for production environment oversight
• Responsible for capacity, security, continuity, and availability management
• Design to meet customer’s availability requirements
• Recommend and leverage tools to ensure effective platform management
• Evaluate high risk change
• Provide subject matter expertise to line of business, relationship managers, network teams including Operations
• Identify risks and recommend remediation process
• Engage with GIS, Compliance, and Legal to ensure proper controls
• Ensure the stability of environment through lifecycle management
• Engage with Product Management, Architecture and both internal and external partners to help drive technology roadmaps
• Work with Bank Architecture to help maintain specific multiyear technology roadmaps aligned with business unit plans
• Develop and maintain specific architecture blueprints and design standards (in an engineering repository)
• Certify project teams’ compliance in accordance with the toll gate process entry and exit criteria
• Develop testing strategy and technology certification plan
• Responsible for tracking emerging technologies and conducting proof-of-concepts for those with applicability to BAC
• Develop and maintain a technology radar based on primary and secondary research
• BS or BA in engineering or computer science
• 10+ Years of experience in networking industry. Experience in financial industry is preferred
• Ability to thoroughly review, understand and interpret technology updates for applicability in the environment we support
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of customers and
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and respond under pressure
• Demonstrated work experience in similar capacity as an architect for large enterprise network.
• Knowledge market data/exchange technologies.
• Familiar with technology trends in networking, examples include but not limited to software defined networking (SDN), BYOD, SIP session management etc.
Strong Communication Skills
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role
Manages People: No
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America
- Bank of America Jobs