HCA, Hospital Corporation of America ARC Assessment Specialist II PRN in Richmond, Virginia
Tucker Pavilion, at HCA Virginia’s Chippenham Hospital, has been committed to the Behavioral Health needs of our community for over 100 years. We offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients in our newly renovated units.
Tucker Pavilion– The Leader in Behavioral Health: * Offering of care continuum – crisis team on site, 137 beds, inpatient/acute care for all ages, partial hospitalization for adolescents/adults * Use of audiovisual technology to offer Behavioral Health Needs assessments to HCA Virginia’s Emergency Departments * Partnership with the community in offering a Crisis Triage Center * Injection of clinical pathways in programming * Diverse array of therapeutic offerings – yoga, 12 step support, NAMI peer support, spiritual, pet therapy, gym on site, and more * Quality focus with outcome measurements injected into clinical programming * Four Child Psychiatrists * Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotations
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * The Access Response Specialist will respond to all calls for psychiatry services responding appropriately to the identified needs of the caller and patient. Patient calls will be prioritized based on the level of need of the patient. Will coordinate activities with the Director of Access Response to assure accurate record keeping and efficient patient flow. Insures EMTALA compliance at all times and reports any concerns to the Access Response Director immediately. * Coordinates communication related to all assessment and admission activities, insures rapid throughput for the emergency department, requests additional resources when needed based on volume, and works with the medical staff to move patients to disposition quickly. * Responds to calls for assessments in the emergency department within 15 minutes and initiates the requested assessment as soon as possible and no later than 60 minutes from the initial request. * Responsible to document all calls coming in regardless of the outcome in the approved format. Any staff member providing intake services will document all calls according to the system the Director of Access Response has in place. * For patients who are discharged the Access Response Specialist provides referrals and develops a discharge safety plan with the patient when indicated using the approved discharge safety form. * Works collaboratively with behavioral health sales team to provide data, assure accurate referral data management, and includes sales team members in team meetings as needed. EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO * Completes assessments in a timely manner – 90 minutes or less on average o Chart review 15-20 minutes o Clinical interview 20-30 minutes o Documentation 20-30 minutes * Demonstrates ability to set priorities. * Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by verbal or written instructions. * Follows established policy and procedures in performing job functions. * Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a positive and cooperative work environment. * Channels concerns appropriately. * Provides input, suggestions and support appropriately. * Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices. * Ensures patient rights and confidentiality. * Able to assess and reassess needs of patients. * Provides on and off site clinical assessments via telebehavioral health for potential patients to the program. * Works collaboratively with hospital departments to assist managing behavioral health assessment needs. * Participates as an active member of the multidisciplinary team. * Provides ongoing education to patients and families as needed. * Provides resources and support for patients before, during and after treatment. * Coordinates and participates with appropriate interested parties and physicians through the patient referral inquiry, admission, treatment and discharge process. * Models and trains other behavioral health team members on managing and tracking inquiry calls. * Tracks and reports on all key indicators related to calls, assessment, admissions. * Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Possess a thorough knowledge of current behavioral health concepts, principles and methods of treatment. * Possess good communication skills verbal and written. * Possess good organization skills and be able to act on multiple tasks. * Understand and be able to train on all the state and federal standards regarding behavioral health assessment, petition, medical screening and patient rights.
- Master of Social Work Degree from an accredited school of Social Work or Master Degree in Counseling or Psychology from an accredited school OR Bachelor's Degree in Nursing with experience as outlined below.(required) LICENSURE
- Must hold and maintain current licensure as a mental health professional including Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), RN (RN requires at least 3 years in an applicable mental health environment). EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years' experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments or in a clinical treatment setting for non-nurses (Preferred)
- RNs require a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in an inpatient setting and prefer a demonstrated ability to complete crisis assessments. (Required)
Why join HCA – CJW Medical Center? * * o *Matching 401K o Low Deductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental o Team Culture o Passion for patient care o Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder o Relocation Assistance o Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year) /We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: ARC Assessment Specialist II PRN
Location: Virginia-Richmond-CJW Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00035-56251