HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Grad RN Nurse Residency Medical Surgical Units in Richmond, Virginia
/$7,500 SIGN-ON BONUS POTENTIAL/
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization that values your professional growth? Come and join our 2021 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010.
Parham Doctors’ Hospitalisa 200-bed acute care facility and campus of Henrico Doctors’ Hospital. We hold a Gold Seal of Approval forHip and Knee Replacement and Spinal Fusion and have beennamedone of the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics.We are home to the Orthopedic Hospital, one of the most honored joint and spine programs in the state. We are a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center.In addition to our achievements in Orthopedic Care, we have also received accreditation as a Bariatric Surgery Comprehensive Center.
_HCA StaRN Nurse Residency Program_
StaRN stands for Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses. Our one year long program is specific to the unit you are hired into. This is a full-time, paid and benefited career choice that is designed to enhance your nursing skillsets and knowledge while simultaneously promoting your professional growth and development.
11 Week Orientation:
- 5 weeks in classroom setting to include a combination of self-study, hands-on skills/simulations, and EKG (Electrocardiogram), TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, and CPI (Crisis Prevention) certifications
- 6 weeks of preceptorship with a designated and trained preceptor After orientation, throughout the remainder of your first year, you will participate in our Professional Development Residency for your ongoing support:
- We pair you with a designated mentor for extra support
- You will collaborate with your mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (opportunity to gain recognition by facility and/or corporate level)
- Monthly resident seminars provide ongoing education to include Intro to Charge Nurse Education
- Monthly meetings with your nursing director to track your progress, successes, challenges, future goals, etc.
_Cohort Start Date:_
February & March 2021
*Additional Information about our Medical Surgical Units:* * Our Medical Surgical Department is made up of our Medical Unit (5East) and Surgical Unit (2East) * The Medical Unit is a 15-bed unit with an adult patient population that includes general medical and orthopedic overflow with an average length of stay of about 5 days * The Surgical Unit is a 15-bed unit with an adult patient population that includes orthopedic, general surgical and medical overflow with an average length of stay of 4 days * Our units are excellent for new graduate nurses seeking to build a diverse skill set in a supportive, team-oriented environment
*WHAT BENEFITS DO WE OFFER? *
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement & student loan assistance.
*Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. *We are actively reviewing applications for motivated new graduates who will help us raise the bar in patient care! Be a part of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months- BSN preferred
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Grad RN Nurse Residency Medical Surgical Units
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Parham
Requisition ID: 00448-NGPDHMS2