HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Lab Technician MLT in Richmond, Virginia
Are you looking for a work environment as aMedical Lab Technicianwhere diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with ChippenhamHospitaltoday and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At ChippenhamHospital, we want to ensure our employee's needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefits eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include: * Student Loan Repayment * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicatedMedical Lab Technicianlike you to be a part of our team.
OurMedical Lab Technicians (MLT) perform assigned laboratory tests in specialty departments to include Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Blood Bank, Serology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, and Microbiology. By conducting laboratory tests and procedures, you will help to provide data for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
* Day-to-day duties include complex analysis of microscopic, immunologic, biologic, bacteriologic, hematologic, and chemical tests and their results.
* You will also be responsible for specimen receiving and putting away supplies when received in the department.
* You will troubleshoot/resolve instrument problems and document corrective action in appropriate log and when necessary, perform instrumentation repairs.
* Assure that quality control is properly performed and logged and follow proper department procedure for corrective action.
* Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to train new employees and/or students.
* You will actively participate in phlebotomy and the accession responsibilities. Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed provisional Level I Trauma Center, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is an HCA facility, who ranks 63rdon Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Chippenham Hospital Awards and Distinctions * Accredited by the Joint Commission with a Gold Seal of Approval o Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. o Disease-Specific Certifications for Acute Myocardial Infarction & Hip and Knee Replacement. * Certified Chest Pain Center * Considered the region's first choice for orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health and cardiovascular care.
REQUIREMENTS * Associate’s Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Sciences or related field. Nursing Degree will beconsidered with the required CLIA acceptable courses * MLT registry or eligible. Successful completion of MLT registry within 6 months of eligibility or hire * ASCP or equivalent is preferred HOURS * Full Time / 40 hours per week * Day Shift to include weekends and holidays Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Medical Lab Technician opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Medical Lab Technician MLT
Location: Virginia-Richmond-CJW Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00035-57119