Northrop Grumman Electronic Technician 2 IRCM for 1st shift in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Join the fast-paced and dynamic manufacturing department of Northrop Grumman in an electronic technician role for our 3rd Shift
The Electronic Technician responsibilities will include performing the assignments and tasks related to the testing and troubleshooting of the products. Works with test procedures, schematics, work instructions, diagrams, assembly drawings, revision change notices, and performs various tasks associated with the products and procedures in the assigned area.
Set-up test stations and standardizes/calibrates the equipment per the required specifications as needed. Utilize the appropriate equipment to perform the tasks and meet all quality specifications and workmanship standards. Works with
the support personnel (including engineers, management, and production control) as needed to perform assignments and collaborate on problem resolutions, completion of assignments in a timely manner, and continuous process improvements. Performs assignments with efficiency and effectiveness to obtain schedule and cost while ensuring quality.
The manufacturing environment requires precision quality and attention to detail Testing and Troubleshooting of the products. The electronic technician utilizes a variety of equipment and hand tools. A preferred candidate will be able to
demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and quality work. Must be able to learn and perform tasks independent of continuous guidance, assistance, and supervision.
Excludes trainees with no academic preparation or experience. EXPERIENCE and TRAINING: Electronics training equivalent to 2 years technical trade school or military technical school.
- Build and test component, sub-assemblies and products in support of the organization needs and schedules.
· Maintenance / Preventative Maintenance and adjustment of test equipment and lab fixtures
· Troubleshoot sub-assemblies to determine cause and remedy for malfunction
· Use moderately complex electronic test equipment
· Perform electrical adjustments when testing
· Perform calibration checks on electronic instruments
· Load and unload assemblies into the environmental chambers
· Perform vibration testing of assemblies
· Provide support to upper level technicians
· Perform accurate data/record keeping
· Work involves standard electromechanical techniques, use of standard hand-held tools
· Follow shop safety practices and procedures during assembly and test operations
· Perform tasks in accordance with the company electro-static discharge (ESD) procedures
· Complete material requests, as required
· Work from verbal or written instructions
· Requires an Associate's Degree in electronics or military/work experience equivalent
- Requires ability to obtain a security clearance and US citizenship
· Experience testing and troubleshooting complex electro / optical assemblies
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support
- Northrop Grumman Jobs