US Foods Employment Claim Specialist (Blended: Onsite & Remote) in Rosemont, Illinois
Join Our Community of Food People!
From the corner diner to the five-star steakhouse, US Foods (NYSE: USFD) has helped shape how people eat in America for more than five generations. The US Foods legal team is composed of attorneys, paralegals, food safety and regulatory professionals. Our mission as a legal team is to advance business objectives through innovative legal partnership. We create value by identifying and acting on business opportunities, and lead the organization in identifying, anticipating and managing regulatory and business risk. We are a dynamic high-performing team and are looking for new partners who will bring good judgment, pragmatism, optimism, humility and a sense of humor to our mix.
The Employment Claim Specialist reports directly to the Assistant General Counsel –Employment and is responsible for providing support for all large and complex employment litigation cases; managing requests for reporting from Finance, other internal stakeholders, and state and local agencies; conducting internal fact-finding investigations to assist with responses to various state and federal agency requests; supporting outside counsel in the collection of discovery documents; managing the litigation hold process; responding to EEOC and state agency charges; and acting as the legal escalation point for garnishments and third-party subpoenas.
This role is Blended. The work is a combination of being onsite and remote as defined by the role segmentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate, compile and manage discovery responses for complex employment litigation and investigations.
• Prepare responses to EEOC charges.
• Manage all stages of litigation hold notice process.
• Must be able to support litigation requests made by outside counsel representing the organization in courts and administrative forums.
• Must be familiar with and have significant experience with state and federal court practices, including motion practice, docket and calendar practices, and filing of EEOC charges and responses.
• Analyze data for discovery responses, administrative hearings, and other court proceeding. Familiarity and experience with ESI collection and document review platforms preferred.
• Supervise internal collection of evidence by third parties, USF associates, and outside counsel.
• Must have strong investigative skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
• Establish and maintain records in a document management system including the coordination of production of records on behalf of the company.
• Manage administrative matters, including preparing all communications and filings on behalf of the company.
• Provide other legal and administrative support to the General Counsel, Associate General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel, and Sr. Employment Claims Specialist for all matters specific to employment litigation and investigations.
Bachelor’s degree required
Paralegal certificate; and/or relevant work experience strongly preferred.
Minimum three years related Employment Paralegal experience. In-house employment paralegal experience preferred but not required.
• Must be organized, detail-oriented, and proactive with significant employment law paralegal experience who will assume other tasks as assigned by the General Counsel, Associate General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel, and Sr. Employment Claims Specialist.
• Must have the professionalism and sophistication to interact with senior management, outside counsel and state and federal court/agency personnel.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to maintain a high rate of accuracy and production under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to adapt to rapidly changing strategies and priorities.
• Must have the experience and confidence to push for change and, when appropriate, to challenge the status quo in a way that will be heard and respected.
• Maturity, stature and strong interpersonal skills; a recognized leader whose counsel and judgment are actively sought.
• Unquestioned integrity and ethics in business and personal conduct.
• Self-motivated, tactical, innovative, strategic, detail-oriented and able to provide high quality and timely work product with an understanding of the issues and business-focused strategies.
• Able to manage multiple projects, to stay calm and focused and work successfully in a fast-paced environment under time constraints.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to inspire trust and confidence with stakeholders at all levels.
• Proven ability to incisively and pragmatically evaluate issues, and independently make decisions regarding complex legal issues with minimal supervision.
• Skilled in interactions which involve contentious situations, negotiations, or influencing and garnering support for issues or projects.
• Analyzes complex commercial/business concepts and identifies relevant legal issues and related, real-world risks; provides prompt, clear and practical legal analysis, advice, and solutions; and assists the business in achieving its goals.
• Exercises sound legal judgment while acting as a key partner for internal business stake holders; acts independently and prioritizes tasks while taking into account relevant risk, business and objectives.
• Occasional overnight business travel in the US.
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USF_CCPA_policy.pdf) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
US Foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our US Foods Application Accommodation Line at 866-960-5886. You will be prompted to leave a message. Please state the specifics of the assistance needed and your contact information. A member of our HR department will return your call within two business days.
- US Foods Jobs