Northrop Grumman GBSD - Principal Mechanical Engineer - Mechanical Design Integration in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join the Flight Systems Team. This position will be located in Roy, UT and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
What You'll Get To Do:
The qualified candidate will report to the Air Vehicle (AVE) Mechanical Design Integration lead and is responsible for artifact development for all AVE interfaces. Specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
• Requirements development and Interface management for all internal and external interfaces
• Interface requirements including physical, electrical, and logical attributes both internal and external interfaces of the missile
• System Design/System architecture development for missile systems including Systems Analysis, Trades, Design Verification, and Modeling & Simulation of complex, dynamic systems.
• Ownership and upkeep of the AVE drawing tree and modeling tree
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Material Science, OR Materials Engineering, OR Chemical Engineering, or closely related technical discipline with 5 years of experience; 3 years with MS; 0 years with PhD
• Knowledge of mechanical design principles
• Proficient in CAD software
•Active DoD secret clearance
• Experience with Siemens NX and CPLM
•Experience with "clean-sheet" new design.
•A current active DoD Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering
- Northrop Grumman Jobs