HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Medical Technologist III in San Antonio, Texas
Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center Certified Medical Technologist III Laboratory Department Every Other Saturday 9pm to 9am and Every Sunday 9pm to 7am * *Part Time (32 Hours a Pay Period) - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory department. Submit your application today!
Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist III you are responsible for performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease. You will analyze and assume accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, and monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs. As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist III you will be responsible for assuring compliance with regulations and standards of regulatory agencies, and managing special projects.
What you will do In This Role:
- As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist III you will perform specimen processing and testing independently to include moderate and high complexity testing.
- You will analyze test results an assume accountability for accuracy.
- You will understand, perform, and practice preventive maintenance on assigned equipment; troubleshoot and take corrective action.
- You will demonstrate pro-active problem solving skills to include identifying a problem and taking appropriate action; know when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol.
- As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist III you will understand, perform, and practice quality control management to include running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required.
- You will communicate any relevant QC information to Supervisor or Manager.
- You will anticipate and evaluate need for new methods, instrumentation, and technology in terms of customer need, cost benefit and revenue generation, and informs management about findings.
- You will assure compliance with accrediting agencies. Acts as a resource to customers both within the department and outside the department.
You will manage assigned projects to include developing a plan, coordinating necessary resources, setting project timelines, keeping Manager informed of progress, and completing project within established time limits.
You must have an Associates degree
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Clinical Laboratory setting is required
- Minimum License and Certificates Required: MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT(AMT), MT(AAB), CLS(NCA), MT(HEW), MLT(ASCP), MLT(HEW).
- Certification is waived for those with 10 years of lab experience.
Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center at the Quarry is a freestanding emergency center open 24/7 for patients with medical emergencies. Conveniently located in Alamo Heights we serve its residents, as well as those in Olmos Park, Terrell Hills, Monte Vista and the surrounding communities. When you visit us, you can expect convenient parking, on-site emergency treatment and imaging services for adults and children. Patients are treated by Board Certified Emergency physicians and Emergency trained staff – all with extensive emergency treatment experience and quick access to our local hospital. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center at the Quarry under Locations, Emergency Rooms.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Certified Medical Technologist III
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center
Requisition ID: 26664-113188