Northrop Grumman Program Manager 1 - Space Components in San Diego, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
United in pride and shared goals, Northrup Grumman employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions.Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrup Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Northrop Grumman Space Components Business Unit designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
Our San Diego, CA location is seeking a Program Manage r to join our team.
The Program Manager responsibilities are broad and rewarding; you are the direct interface to external customers in this position. For your external end item customer you are responsible for capturing new and follow-on business through development of business relationships and achieving programming expectations. For your internal customer you are responsible to support in any and all necessary capacity to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals for your program are achieved.
• Plan and execute all aspects of contracted program.
• Has complete responsibility for successfully managing all technical, financial, contractual and schedule aspects of multiple programs. Has P&L responsibility for assigned programs. Works with customers to define requirements and is their primary contact on status and performance. Anticipates and fulfills customer needs to ensure their satisfaction and continued business.
• Captures new business and contributes to defining technical strategy for assigned product segment. Manages a variety of Bid and Proposal efforts. Participates in business strategy sessions.
• Leads a cross functional team of associates with a wide range of skill sets, ensuring roles and responsibilities of all team members are well understood and executed. Provide overall leadership to program team and drive technical compliance.
• Acts as customer interface for program activities. Leads program review sessions with the customer to address cost, schedule and technical performance.
• Manages subcontractor actions and performance.
• Develops and manages technical performance metrics on assigned projects.
• Identifies and executes plans to mitigate program risks.
• Ensures program-wide focus on safety, reliability, cost and schedule, and adequacy of systems, procedures, and people for long term success.
Requires Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Chemical Engineering and 0-5 years of technical experience or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
Ability to manage external customers and internal functional teams through all aspects of engineering, development, hardware fabrication and testing of composite structures
Experience with growing existing business and/or new business with current customers
Ability to utilize excellent decision making and risk management skills to create profit and meet schedule
Experience with leadership, coaching and building effective teams
Demonstrated financial management skills including: development and control of program budgets, schedules, risk management, EAC's and the ability to recognize and capture program changes
Action oriented; driven by measurable results
Excellent external and internal communication and presentation skills
Position requires that the applicant must be able to obtain a clearance
Must be a US Citizen
Demonstrated strong ability to multi-task in a challenging environment with competing priorities in a positive manner
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- ITAR Requirements: To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Northrop Grumman is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you'll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Category : Program Management
- Northrop Grumman Jobs