HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse House Supervisor PRN in Sanford, Florida
Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital and Level II Trauma Center, serves the communities of Seminole and West Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and West Volusia, including open heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services. Other specialized services include orthopedic and spine care, robotic surgery, acute inpatient medical rehabilitation and complete imaging services.
Central Florida Regional Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital provides 24/7 emergency care at its main location as well as at Heathrow ER located at 4525 International Parkway in Sanford. For more information, please visitwww.CentralFloridaRegional.com.
The Supervisor-Nursing/Administration will supervise and coordinate the operational and personnel activities throughout the facility. /Knowledge of Bed Management and the ability to do Supervision./The Supervisor-Nursing/Administration will act as an administrative liaison for all departments for the defined shift for which he/she is responsible. The Supervisor recognizes that each patient is an individual to be treated with dignity and respect, and is also committed to being responsive to the needs of the patient's family or significant other.
The Supervisor-Nursing/Administration combines the knowledge bases of nursing and management to make decisions and or recommendation relative to:
- The delivery of responsive quality patient care based on the nursing process
- The assessment of unit staffing needs and the appropriate placement of nursing personnel.
- The serving as a resource person and role model for all personnel.
- The communication of identified problem situations to the Director of Nursing Services.
- To promote continuity of hospital operations through the interpretation and enforcement of hospital policies and procedures.
- Meets with patients, family members and other customers to discuss concerns and unmet needs. Coordinates the response.
- Manages the resolution of issues that arise during the course of the shift .Executes decisions in the absence of the Hospital Administrator. Determines need to contact Administrator on Call.
- Evaluates issues and identifies trends. Communicates trends to hospital leadership and collaborates on problem solving to address trended issues.
- Serves as the leader of the hospital safety plan in the absence of hospital administrators and other leaders. Includes coordinating the response to reported incidents including employee injuries.
- Monitors and evaluates clinical standards within the Hospital. Ensures that age and culturally appropriate care is given.
Desired skills:Previous RN critical care experience required. Bed Management experience.
- Associate's Degree in a health related field required. BSN preferred.
- 2 - 5 years clinical experience in a hospital environment.
- 2 years of experience in a supervisory and Bed management role preferred.
- 2 years previous nursing experience in acute care setting desirable.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations.
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license or compact/./If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire
- BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Organizational, Verbal/Follow Verbal Instructions, Interpersonal, Customer Relations, Mathematical, Analytical, Grammar/Spelling, Read/Comprehend/Follow written instructions, Management and Planning skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Registered Nurse House Supervisor PRN
Location: Florida-Sanford-Central Florida Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00327-9466