HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Lead Breast Technologist in Savannah, Georgia
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Lead Breast Technologist today with Memorial Health University Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Memorial Health University Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance for qualified candidates
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Memorial Health University Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Lead Breast Technologist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Lead Breast Technologist to be primarily responsible for day to day oversight of patient workflow, supervision and technical guidance for the Breast Center team members, ensuring optimization of workflow, patient experience as well as mammography coordinator related duties, providing direct patient care as required.
What you will do in this role:
* You will assess and advise management on optimal departmental operations to include operational hours, patient appointment optimization, staffing matrix and workflow
* You will critique image quality ensuring exams are within acceptable range of exposure, density, positioning and contrast and provide real-time feedback to staff
* You will ensure timely and effective communication to staff regarding procedure protocols, patient care, following policies and procedures
* You will assist in new Team Member orientation and competency assessment of new and current staff
* You will educate other technologists/students in breast imaging equipment and procedures
* You will work to mediate issues, problems or concerns among staff and communicate timely with manager/Assistant manager regarding departmental, operational or staff issues.
* You will utilize the time and resources as appropriate, adhere to deadlines, delegate to team member, and ensure timely completion of projects and special assignments
* You will educate patients on procedures appropriate for their age, level of knowledge/understanding and readiness for learning, verifies informed consent, accurately completes required documentation
- 3 years mammography; biopsies, needle localizations
- 2 years Supervisory or management experience in breast imaging or related healthcare
- Bachelor's degree required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support required
- Current ARRT Radiography (R) and ARRT Mammography (M).
- Must obtain ARRT Breast Ultrasound (BS) or RDMS certification –within 12 months of hire. In 2018, Memorial Health University Medical Center affiliated with HCA Healthcare (South Atlantic Division), one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services. HCA Healthcare has formed its mission and values to be patient-centered and for the good of all people, no matter the circumstance: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 640 bed hospital in the beautiful, southern city of Savannah, Georgia. The facility opened its doors in 1955 and has evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region employing over 3,500 colleagues.
Memorial Health University Medical Center serves as a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 Trauma Center, the region's only Children's Hospital and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. We proudly serve 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
Memorial Health University Medical Center is always looking to grow and further advance in the healthcare industry, earning local, regional, national recognition of excellence. MHUMC uses its vast clinical knowledge, innovative operating strategies, scale and stability to transform healthcare and help our community thrive. Our goal is to create a new standard for excellence that will not only serve our current patients but also change the future of medicine.
Memorial Health University Medical Center has earned local, regional and national honors. At MHUMC, we are not content with business as usual. Our goal is to create a new stand for excellence that will not only serve our current patients but also change the future of medicine. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Lead Breast Technologist
Location: Georgia-Savannah-Memorial Health UMC Savannah
Requisition ID: 26960-15400