Macy's Retail Cosmetics Sales - Beauty Advisor - Multi-Brands, Full Time: Scottsdale Fashion Square in Scottsdale, Arizona
On a typical day, the Beauty/Fragrance Advisor makes one-on-one connections with customers to learn their preferences and lifestyle. They build a rapport with the customer to better understand their needs and strives to provide a personalized experience during every visit. The Beauty/Fragrance Advisor is passionate about the beauty industry and energized by staying current with new trends. They’re equally as energized by helping the customer discover how to achieve new looks and inspire exploration by sharing their favorite products.
As a Beauty Expert(Driving Results)
Be a product educator and beauty enthusiast.
• Show the customer how to apply products or achieve desired "looks".
• Introduce customers to beauty products and build a rapport to identify hidden needs.
• Self-motivated to stay current on brand related product knowledge and beauty trends.
Utilizes product knowledge and understanding of trends to bring skincare, makeup and fragrance brands to life by creating a unique cross brand experience for customers.
• Stay committed to training on new products/services.
• Understand how brand training, events and product strategies drive sales.
• Foster a culture that is customer centric across the Beauty/Fragrance dept.
• Strive to meet team and personal sales goals.
Focus on providing compelling customer service to become the customer's "Personal Beauty Expert".
• Welcome and make a connection with all customers.
• Engage with and listen to the customer to understand their lifestyle and product preferences.
• Inspire the customer to try something new, by sharing knowledge on products and providing demonstrations.
• Provide samples to customers
Create a personalized, lasting, positive and inviting impression for each customer.
• Celebrate the purchase and invite the customer back.
• Engage and invite clients and new customers to events.
• Actively participate and promote in store events.
Build a personal clientele.
• Leverage company technology to stay connected to clientele.
Models a curiosity to learn that drives personal and peer to peer development.
• Self-motivated to stay current on Beauty Trends
• Learn product benefits across multiple brands.
• Utilize formal and informal methods to learn. ie. videos, peer-to-peer, beauty seminars.
• Demonstrate the ability to be a team player and foster teamwork across Beauty/Fragrance department.
• Partner with Sales Manager, Supervisor, Experience Leader,Category, and/or Brand Experts,District Merchants to identify business driving opportunities, stock needs, customer preferences, and special events.
• Ensure that all merchandise, testers, hygiene standards and demonstration stations are maintained and set to company standards
• Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• A minimum of one year of previous selling experience required, preferably in Cosmetics.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
•Ability to read, write, and interpret general business reports and labels including warnings and ingredient lists on products.
•Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to customers, vendors, buyers, peers, and all levels of management
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to use a calculator and calculate percentages and ratios.
• Must be able to make change in American monetary units
• This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
• Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
• Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Superior organizational and time management skills.
• Must be able to build relationships and influence others.
• Ability to set and achieve goals.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency and a thirst for knowledge and business acumen to drive sales.
• Must be able to lead by example.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays, and sales events, based on department and store/company needs.
- This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Scottsdale
Job: Cosmetics Sales
Req ID: 71484982