Cardinal Health Account Manager - Laboratory Diagnostic Sales Specialist in South Carolina
JOB TITLE: Account Manager - Laboratory Diagnostic Sales Specialist
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Accountabilities in this role
*Position will cover North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virgini*
Manage the sales process of capital equipment in the clinical laboratory to include lead generation, financial modeling working closely with our manufacturer partners to close system sales in chemistry, immunology, histology, microbiology, hematology, and molecular diagnostics within assigned region.
- Effectively provide competitive differentiation and value to the overall customer solution. Provide in-depth technical expertise regarding assigned product lines.
- Utilize competitive, customer, and product knowledge to establish competitive barriers to market penetration by positioning Cardinal Health Diagnostic's solutions.
- Assist customers in achieving defined business/technical and personal goals. These responsibilities will include pre & post analysis review.
- Work cross functionally with internal colleagues and peers to share information and best practices while remaining actively involved in industry/customer organizations that impact business.
- Deliver tailored presentations specific to customer needs incorporating the outcome data from the various process analysis.
- Conduct system demonstrations & presentations where applicable; Road Shows, Site Visits, etc.
What Business Development - Med Dev contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Development is responsible for driving sales and services to new and existing customers. Responsible for maximizing customer value/satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives. Builds and maintains relationship with key decision makers or potential influencers. Involves a longer sales cycle.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Cardinal Health and customer industry, including: key competitors, terminology, technology, trends, challenges, reimbursement and government regulation; demonstrates working knowledge of how Cardinal Health offerings match with a customers' unique business needs.
- Executes on business opportunities and maintains a pipeline large enough to support objective attainment
- Creates and executes an opportunity plan with occasional support and coaching to achieve consistent results
- Utilizes available resources within own business unit and looks for ways to involve other business units in executing the Solutions Sales Process
What is expected of you and others at this level in Direct Sales for functional success
- Applies knowledge of the customer's business to develop optimal solutions
- Proactively and with a regular cadence demonstrates to the customer the defined value of partnering with Cardinal Health both pre- and post-sales
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with the customer and colleagues to influence support for mutually beneficial outcomes and achieve consensus
- Builds and sustains relationships founded on trust with internal and external customers and ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities and develops plans for introducing new solutions through collaborative relationships
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Min 4 years related sales experience in lab medicine, preferred
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Proven product knowledge in business area
- Valid driver's license
- 3 to 5 years selling capital equipment and laboratory equipment into hospitals and reference laboratories
- Medical Technology experience preferred
- Functional understanding of Laboratory workflow and process
- Experience working in complex sales environments with demonstrated success
- Successful negotiation, strategic planning and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong business acumen, and a desire to conquer complex sales processes
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs