HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Laboratory Technician in St Petersburg, Florida
*$5K SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
We are seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician like you to join our organization.
Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility, offering a full range of services including interventional stroke care and full service orthopedic, spine treatment and preventative and a 24 hour emergency department. As the only nationally recognized Comprehensive Stroke Center in Pinellas County, our technologically advanced facility allows our superior physicians and nursing staff to care for our growing community. Our focus on quality and safety is continuously recognized by The Joint Commission.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
o Student Loan Repayment
o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
o Paid Personal Leave
o 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
o Identity Theft Protection discounts
o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
o Adoption Assistance
o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- *You Will:
- Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing
- Seek guidance from medical technologists, supervisors, department head, and medical director in the review and interpretation of clinical laboratory data
- Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results
- Perform stat procedures, timed studies, and routine tests within established turnaround time targets
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicates to staff relief
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and completes necessary documentation
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines
- Assist supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, etc.)
You Should Have:
- A 2-Year/Associate Degree in Science is required
- A State of Florida Technician License OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
- ASCP or similar certification is very helpful
- Less than 1 year of experience
- Ability to work during disasters
IRL is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, we have also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply today. We promptly review all applications, and are actively interviewing. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-Northside Hospital %26 Tampa Bay Heart Institute
Requisition ID: 23429-2544