Sherwin-Williams Account Manager in States, United States
Title: Account Manager
Location: United States-Minnesota-MINNEAPOLIS
Job Number: 21000COS
Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is accountable for managing a high profile customer in order to maintain and produce sales/growth and market share for the Product Finishes Division. Position will have full responsibility and accountability for multiple locations and multiple technologies for the global account. The territory for this position is MN, WI, ND and SD.
- Ultimately responsible for accounts between 2mm - 15mm in sales
- P&L responsibility and accountability for their account/s.
- Researches, develops and implements pricing for account/s.
- Responsible for all inventory for account/s.
- Ultimate decision-maker for account/s.
- Growth of Product Finishes sales and market share within the account/s.
- Successful growth of new technologies due to “personal” relationship with customer.
- Create a strong industrial image for the company.
- Provide strategy on maintaining and growing business with focused customers.
- Continue to cultivate relationships with account key players.
- Effectively utilize resources: sales, marketing and technical, to meet customer expectations and achieve long-term sales/market growth.
- Managing multiple locations and multiple technologies.
- Utilize resources through planning of tech rep interface to meet customer expectations.
- Understand servicing Facility’s strengths and weaknesses and communicate effectively to ensure that commitments made are within facilities capabilities.
- Handle customer complaints within the lines of authority and manage process to resolution.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with customer in order to meet expectations and gain additional locations/market share.
- Work with local sales management to secure business at major subcontractors to the account.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license.
- Employee will spend approximately 50% of the day sitting (due to driving).
- Must be able to travel overnight more than 50% of the time.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Must be able to distinguish one or more chromatic colors.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by the law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.