Sherwin-Williams Assistant Branch Manager in States, United States
Title: Assistant Branch Manager
Location: United States-Texas-GRAND PRAIRIE
Job Number: 21000CNZ
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for assisting in the operations of the Automotive Branch Facility.
The core functions that the Assistant Manager will assist with include sales, profit, expenses and supervision/leadership of branch personnel.
The Assistant Branch Manager will ensure the Branch provides the highest level of Trademark Customer Service.
The core responsibilities and duties associated with this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in meeting and exceeding sales and PBT goals.
• Assist in developing and implementing branch market plan based on market conditions, branch mission and financial/budget objectives.
• Ensure customers are serviced appropriately to meet their expectations.
• Support sales rep selling activities.
• Assist in handling customer complaints within area guidelines.
• Ensure all transactions are handled properly through the branch computer operating system.
• Ensure all customer orders are accurately prepared and records maintained.
• Assist in maintaining branch inventory levels to maximize sales and inventory turns.
• Assist in conducting physical inventory in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ensure that the branch warehouse area is organized
• Ensure safety, loss prevention and security practices are followed by all branch employees according to policy and correct or report non-compliance.
• Respond to customer questions and complaints concerning their accounts.
• Assist with daily bank deposits
• Assists in writing performance appraisals for branch employees.
• Review management/financial reports on a frequent basis to optimize financial performance of the branch.
• Assist in determining staffing needs, recruit branch employees accordingly with proper approval, and establish work schedules as appropriate.
• Adhere to company safety standards at all times.
• Additional duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- May work in areas where toxic, flammable, and hazardous materials are present.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 1 year in customer service related position
- Must be advanced in all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to work with word documents and spreadsheets
- Demonstrated high level of both verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math calculations and financial ratios relative to a P&L
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions
- Previous experience in a sales related role
- Previous experience in automotive after market industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.