WeHireAmerica-Veterans.jobs is a service of HR Policy Foundation and DirectEmployers Association. These two non-profit organizations are providing this free resource to help educators, policy makers and job seekers understand the great employment opportunities available here in the U.S. at some of America's biggest and best companies.
Sherwin-Williams Blend and Shade Technician - Nights in States, United States
Title: Blend and Shade Technician - Nights
Location: United States-Texas-GARLAND
Job Number: 2100012Q
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is responsible for ensuring component materials are properly filled and color matched according to specification. This includes acquiring as near to perfect color matches for customer standards and producing adequate amounts of paint products to satisfy production schedules, meet customer demands and satisfaction in a safe manner.
• Fill component materials into containers by weight or volume as required. Stir, mix, or agitate material completely and assist other technicians in arriving at proper approvable color match.
• Make decision on proper inter-mix color and amount to shade. Make spray or brush outs to check colors. Check pre-mixed batches and formula cards. Correct formulas; reshade paints that have been discolored in production, rework s/f tubes and aerosols that have been rejected.
• Be exacting and careful in the precise measurement of quantities into paint batches. Handle incoming materials and their placement in proper storage and use positions under the direction of supervision.
• Read and comprehend batch instructions, product labels, and other work-related documents printed in English.
• Handles hazardous waste as part of manufacturing operations, maintenance, raw material handling, and clean up activities, in order to protect personnel, property and the environment.
• Perform housekeeping duties as assigned and keeps area and equipment clean.
• Follow established safety rules and procedures.
• Perform all duties as assigned and directed by supervision or management that may not be listed on this job description.
• Must have good color vision and depth perception. Candidate must successfully pass a color eye test.
-Must be at least 18 years of age.
-Must be legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment visa status
-Must have reliable transportation to and from work
-Must be able to work overtime, with or without reasonable accommodation
-Must be able to read, write, communicate, and comprehend in English.
-At least one year of experience working with machinery in a manufacturing environment.
-Experience blending and making a product in a batch process.
-Experience monitoring quality of raw materials or finished goods.
- Previous experience operating a forklift or other material handling equipment is preferred
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.