Sherwin-Williams Data Domain Architect in States, United States
Title: Data Domain Architect
Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Job Number: 210003PD
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show! Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Data Domain Architect is a leadership role within the Enterprise Data Organization that leads the development design and implementation of data domain solutions with a focus on business value creation.
The Data Domain Architect partners with Data and IT functional leaders, SMEs, and other Architect roles, and is accountable for the construction and management of data operating models, including data capabilities, functions, processes, technology stack, and roles to support data business initiatives.
The role is responsible for synchronization of architecture and technology related decisions within data domain to support the life cycle of data from inception to delivery.
The Data Domain Architect is responsible for representing the interests of data organization to peers in Enterprise Architecture in accordance with industry and internal best practices and methods.
The Data Domain Architect is responsible for following emerging trends in data and recommending their implementation to solve complex business problems resulting in delivery of insights at an accelerated pace.
Strategy & Planning
• Provide leadership, direction, and accountability for strategic architecture plans, system design, and implementation standards for the data domain.
• Lead efforts to ensure data capabilities are operating efficiently, accurately, and with high quality.
• Establishes and continually evaluates and iterates on a data technology roadmap that will best meet the business needs and enterprise data organizational goals, while considering fundamental business drivers, current systems, as well as their components and relationships.
• Collaborate with programs & projects to understand data dependencies, anticipate risks, and identify opportunities. Guide data project decisions based on the direction of data domain roadmap.
• Contribute data domain expertise to feasibility, complexity assessments of potential future initiatives.
• Partner with the Data leadership, IT Leaders, and Enterprise Architecture to manage the data architecture in support of data vision, strategy, and execution that meets the data related business' needs.
• Develops an integrated view of data capabilities and processes, using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry best practices and techniques.
• Provides consulting and makes technology recommendations to tackle data transformation initiatives, help mature existing data capabilities, or enable new data capabilities.
• Accountable for data domain architecture decisions and technology investments, managing the overall data domain technology roadmap to support the overall data strategy, in alignment with enterprise guidance and vision.
• Facilitate the process of defining and publish data standards, best practices, data capabilities, and data roadmap, synchronized with the overall enterprise future state architecture.
• Create conceptual and logical models following the enterprise guidance to describe a particular domain of data and use these models to inform the physical design of data-related projects.
• Conduct data domain research and development, identify new data capabilities and technologies, determine their applicability to data business use cases, document, communicate and provide recommendations.
Acquisition & Deployment
Provide strategic consultation to peers in defining or designing data capabilities, processes, functions, and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing, selling, and enabling technology based on business data priorities and focus areas.
• Leverage architecture tools and techniques, including: strategy on a page, strategic planning, business model canvas, disruptions trends, balance scorecard, economic modeling, risk and interdependencies, process models, business capability modeling, ecosystem modeling, customer and user profiling, journey maps, and human-centric design.
Lead efforts to develop and maintain the architectural assets for the domain.
• Participate as a member of Architectural Review Boards that ensures data Domain is appropriately represented and data related decisions are properly vetted.
• Support domain asset lifecycle management.
• Collaborate with Digital leaders, BRM, PMO and Strategic Operation functions on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits.
• Facilitate development of Enterprise data capabilities that address particular business processes, known issues, and general technological options.
• Provide regular, clear, and consistent communication (written and oral) on the status of projects, issues, and deliverables to representatives from the customer/vendor.
• Assess near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish data business priorities. Consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions. Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
• Leads and mentors other solution architects and SMEs across data domain in the management of data architecture deliverables, incorporating industry best practices/standards.
Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and other business/technical entities.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Maintain current knowledge of the technology workspace in terms of current state, future possibilities, forthcoming technologies, and their relevance and impact.
• Conduct research into new applications, tools, components, and frameworks.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Train and share knowledge.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Up to 10% travel as required (domestic and international).
• Work hours outside the standard office 7.5 hour work day as required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
• Masters degree in a related field is a plus.
• Certified Architect, TOGAF or similar certifications, preferred.
• DAMA certification a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
years IT or Business experience.
• 8 years of Data Architecture experience in a complex data ecosystem, data hub, data domain expertise with complex high-tech environments.
• 4 years of building both traditional and cloud native architectures and big data platforms in support of digital transformation.
• Experience with a multi-ERP Global Technology Footprint.
• Current hands-on experience with industry leading data management tools that support the data lifecycle, and capable of setting and driving long term data architecture roadmaps.
• Current hands-on experience with one or more relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
• Experience with Data Modeling tools.
• Experience in at least three competencies; i.e., Data Virtualization, Data Modeling, ETL, Data Warehousing, Data Quality, Business Intelligence and Analytics Data Science, MDM, Metadata Management and Data Governance.
• Experience with data integration patterns, techniques, and technologies.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
• Strong analytical skills and algorithmic problem-solving skills.
• In-depth experience with driving data transformation initiatives.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
Experience with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ tools and technologies is a plus.
• Experience with Agile (scrum) methodologies, preferred
• Comprehensive knowledge of facilitation and organization change management, preferred
• Experience with utilizing one or more Architecture Frameworks (TOGAF, SAFe, etc), strongly preferred.
• Deep understanding of digital manufacturing and IoT in factory and supply chain.
• Experience with current data technologies and tools.
• Experience with knowledge graph technology a plus.
Clear and concise communication skills – both written and oral
• Ability to communicate, influence and persuade – business and IT leaders as well as peers.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply to business needs.
• Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
• Team player, organizationally savvy, facilitator and works well with others.
• Display intellectual curiosity and integrity.
• Motivated by long-term results and achieving target business outcomes.
• Remains unbiased, specifics technology – and vendor neutral – more interested in results than personal preferences.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
This is a remote position which may be performed anywhere within the United States except for within the state of Colorado.