Title: Facility Pre Batch Operator Blender
Location: United States-Oregon-PORTLAND
Job Number: 2100015U
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for the pre-batch of blends and the staging of blended orders.
The incumbent supports
the facility Blenders in spray-outs, draw-downs and filling customer orders.
- Pre-batch blends and stage products for blended orders.
- Blend custom orders within specified due date.
- Match colors within facility color guidelines
- Custom blend all orders within specific order guidelines (i.e. color, gloss, viscosity).
- Manage batch size within
/- 10% to order size.
- Follow all safety practices as outlined.
- Maintain clean work area as outlined.
- Follow Waste Minimization Plan as outlined.
- Follow PSR Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Follow Hazardous Material Handling Procedures
- Make blends of paint as directed.
- Prepare spray-outs and draw-down test panels.
- Assist in preparation of customer orders, including filling and labeling batches as directed.
- Make shade and gloss adjustments as directed.
- Clean and repair store equipment.
- Identify facility/equipment problems and make recommendations.
- Operate all material handling, tinting, mixing and testing equipment in a safe manner.
- Properly store all partial containers to correct inventory location.
- Provide input regarding inventory levels in the warehouse/stockroom.
- Identify potential obsolete/damaged material and handle per established policy/procedures.
- Maintain facility to S-W standards through proper maintenance, repair and housekeeping.
- Assist in the daily clean up of lab, product service room and equipment.
- Follow designated loss prevention, security and safety practices according to policy and correct or report non-compliance of appropriate procedures/policies.
- Take immediate action to contain spillage using hazardous material containment procedures as outlined in the Work Safe Manual, including proper and timely reporting.
- Assist with general warehouse, delivery and customer service duties as needed, including loading and unloading of material, and waiting on customers.
- Know stock limits and be familiar with stock order procedure.
- Assist with physical inventory.
- Help manage PSR expenses as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license.
- Employee may be required to retrieve material from shelves and lift and carry up to 50lbs and up to 100 lbs. on occasion.
- Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must be able to distinguish one or more chromatic colors.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Employee must be able to operate a hand truck and/or material handling equipment.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Who we are -
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.