Sherwin-Williams FINANCE- Analyst in States, United States
Title: FINANCE- Analyst
Location: United States-Nevada-FERNLEY
Job Number: 210003A3
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
This position is accountable for the daily, weekly and monthly preparation and analysis of reports for management's use in fiscal decision making.
The Financial Analyst is also accountable for processing and reporting financial information in an accurate and timely manner and the implementation of internal controls to safeguard assets.
This position is primarily responsible for: monitoring and analyzing daily reporting, ensuring the timely and accurate closing of the books, and will assist in the ME close by reviewing the P&L.
Major Tasks Performed:
• Ensure the site’s books are closed timely and accurately
• Responsible for the daily review of all variances and the administration of the variance detail tracking report
• Assist the Area Controller in the development of the Annual Operating Budget.
• Analyze manufacturing costs, transfer pricing and special projects.
• Analyze monthly P&L summaries for anomalies, investigate and report findings to management.
• Serve as the main point of contact for HQ and the Region
• Provides analytical support for Operational Excellence cost savings projects; including Lean projects, Six Sigma, Capital Projects, Kaizen Events and 5S projects.
• Participation towards completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed.
• Responsible for reviewing the books during close for the area they support
• Utilize advanced data mining and analysis abilities to identify and make recommendations on adverse yield trends
• Assist in the physical inventory.
• Achieve meaningful and easy to understand financial analysis for management to make good business decisions.
Must have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
Must have at least one year of accounting experience
Must have previous experience working with Microsoft Excel
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
Accounting experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment
Experience preparing an annual budget
Willing to relocate if considered for future promotional opportunities
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.