Sherwin-Williams Industrial Hygienist II in States, United States
Title: Industrial Hygienist II
Location: United States-Illinois-CHICAGO
Other Locations: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND, United States-Texas-DALLAS
Job Number: 210002QX
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Conducts exposure assessments and health risk analysis for assigned cohort of sites.
- Ensures valid sampling and analysis,
- Manages data,
- Evaluates assessment results, communicates the results and recommendations,
- Provides guidance and insight relating to implementation of recommendations.
- Ensures occupational and industrial hygiene programs are implemented and current for assigned sites.
- Participates on Corporate EHS Audit teams and supports cohort sites during OSHA VPP audit and certification process.
- Trains personnel in exposure monitoring techniques and in industrial hygiene program elements (including ergonomics).
- Supports sites to identify solutions and facilitate advancement of action plan closure to mitigate EHS risks.
- Participates in industrial hygiene risk-reduction projects.
- FORMAL EDUCATION:
B.S. in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, or related technical discipline, or M.S. degree in Environment Health Sciences or another core science
M.S. degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, or Industrial/Chemical Engineering
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
4-7 years of experience in broad-discipline industrial hygiene (M.S. degree equivalent to 1 year of experience)
5-10 years of experience (may be inclusive of internships)
Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- TECHNICAL/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene practices including: exposure risk assessment, sampling and analysis, engineering and ventilation controls, application of personal protective equipment.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other occupational health standards.
- Strong written, oral, and mathematical skills.
- Ability to work under light supervision but work well with a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to timelines.
- Customer-focused, ability to ensure accountability while also acting as a “coach/teacher”.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.