Sherwin-Williams Information Security Global Privacy Compliance Professional Apprentice in States, United States
Title: Information Security Global Privacy Compliance Professional Apprentice
Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Job Number: 21000CKH
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show! Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Students are given the opportunity to grow personally and professionally while building their resume through practical work experience with a Fortune 500 Company. Most available positions are located in downtown Cleveland at our Corporate Headquarters. Long-term availability preferred (at least 1 full year). Position hours are flexible, part time (15-28 hours per week). The incumbent will learn key global privacy principles by participating in all phases of the privacy processes.
Professional Apprentices are given the opportunity to gain exposure to one or more of the following areas:
- GPC Awareness & Training projects and initiatives.
- GPC Third Party Management initiatives.
- GPC Risk projects and initiatives.
- GPC Global Records & Information Management projects and initiatives.
Strategy & Planning
- Analyze, document, and recommend improvements to existing workflows, processes, and standards.
- Create/maintain a project information repository.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Support the GPC team in their efforts to deliver all project scope items on time and on budget.
- Implement enterprise wide security solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation regarding organizational or system procedures.
- Work with existing systems to track and manage requests and issues.
- Track client issues and problems, and work with others when necessary to provide a resolution.
- Prepare and lead presentations as requested.
- Assist with various projects as may be required to contribute, individually or with a team, to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
- Some travel may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Currently enrolled in college degree program and actively working toward an Associate, Bachelor or Master Degree in IT, Business, or related degree.
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.8.
- Graduation date on or after May 2022.
Knowledge & Experience
- Interest in working with customers to learn how to build and formulate business requirements.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and/or O365 applications.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Previously demonstrated ability to engage others in achieving well-defined goals.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills to influence others to take action.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment or independently as business needs dictate.
- Ability to multi-task and handle diverse/complex problems.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Temporary work from home protocols may be in effect for this position due to COVID-19, but this is not a remote position and any selected candidate must live within a reasonable commuting distance.