Sherwin-Williams Junior PL/SQL Developer, Global Supply Chain Planning in States, United States
Title: Junior PL/SQL Developer, Global Supply Chain Planning
Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Job Number: 21000CMU
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Junior PL/SQL Developer (Global Supply Chain Planning) is responsible for implementing enhancement requests and handling support for both domestic and international business users working individually and in a team.
The Junior PL/SQL Developer (Global Supply Chain Planning) will support, maintain and utilize Blue Yonder Demand and ESP applications, along with custom Oracle APEX applications for plan execution as well as data ingestion, maintenance and reporting between multiple on-premises and cloud external applications.
Strategy & Planning
- Work with management to generate quarterly work plans.
- Participate in recommendation of improvements to existing technical processes.
- Research tools and technologies and identify those that can best help serve the needs of clients.
- Research and implement related tools to improve development process.
- Provide recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Recommend system changes and enhancements for continuous improvement.
Development & Deployment
- Accept service requests received from the user community and assigned by management.
- Gather requirements from the user community, fellow developers and system documentation.
- Review design with users, development staff, support staff, and management for adherence to all requirements and completeness in solving the user problems at hand, as well as supportability, maintainability, user understandability, and utility.
- Implement design using Oracle database, PL/SQL business logic, and Oracle APEX as necessary.
- Create and maintain system and user documentation.
- Test your enhancements and the system with the help of other developers and users.
- Submit and conduct peer reviews of designs and implemented solutions.
- Submit proper requests and documentation for software release.
- Provide user support for new software implementations.
- Accurately report hours spent on project in a timely fashion.
- Participate in design reviews and testing as needed.
- Assist users with problems and resolve issues independently.
- Update system and user documentation whenever required.
- Work with existing systems to track and manage requests and issues.
- Provide business reports to management and clients.
- Assist fellow developers in problem resolution, support, and development.
- Safeguard Continuous System Availability
- Respond immediately to reports of system error, outage, or instability
- Support efforts to update and upgrade systems as necessary to maintain integrity.
- Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Keep track of time spent on projects in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Assist with the effort estimation for new projects.
- Up to 10% travel as required (domestic and international)
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour work day may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Associate degree in IT-related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 0-1 years IT experience
- Exposure to programming with Oracle PL/SQL, MSSQL or MySQL.
- Knowledge of basic requirements gathering and project management.
- Knowledge of software development and support methodologies.
- Exposure to web development.
- Oracle Application Express (APEX)
- Business exposure to sales, manufacturing or distribution planning.
- Competent in verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Willingness to contribute time and effort to work assigned.
- Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Motivated to learn new tools and technologies.
- Ability to organized and assist in the execution of tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.