Sherwin-Williams Marketing Design Intern in States, United States
Title: Marketing Design Intern
Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Job Number: 2100032Y
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The design intern will work collaboratively with a team of designers, copy editor and creative leads on a variety of projects in our Marketing Communications department with outputs including email, web and social. While most of our work lives in the digital space, print opportunities may arise. Interns will have the chance to learn industry best-practices for creating, editing and exporting high quality images, assets and communications that drive our brand and delight our audiences.
The intern will perform design assignments such as colorizing images, creating paths, light retouching, sizing and exporting images in various file formats, conducting image research and helping to manage an asset library. Depending on skills and interest, opportunities are available for photography, layout or animation assignments.
**Ability to work part-time or more (approx. 25 hours per week) during school year and over school break. This is a Spring Internship from mid-March to mid-May time-frame.
- High school diploma
- Must be enrolled in college and at Sophomore, Junior, or Senior status for consideration. Must be studying Graphic Design, UI/UX Design, Photography or similar/applicable major.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Mac-based graphics software including Photoshop, with ability to demonstrate the following skills:
- Creating razor-sharp paths
- Understanding and applying masks
- Using selection and selection refinement tools and methods
- Knowledge of the Clone Stamp tool
- Cropping, sizing and optimizing images for the digital space
- Knowledge of various file formats for both static and motion assets, and an understanding of the benefits of each
- Preferred experience in InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Media Encoder
- Preferred knowledge of DSLR camera systems and comfort in a small studio environment
- A strong portfolio with emphasis on photo editing
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, following direction and striving for excellence
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.