Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer - Flight Management System in Stratford, Connecticut
Description: The Lockheed Martin Sikorsky Aircraft Flight Management System Engineering Team is seeking an Avionics Engineer with a demonstrated ability to design, develop, integrate, and qualify Avionics systems for the world’s leader in vertical flight solutions. You will work with a talented team of engineers and analysts to develop technical system requirements, oversee subsystem design and development, and perform system integration on military and/or commercial helicopter programs. Location: Stratford, CT.
• Support the full lifecycle of systems development for avionics products including concept design, system architecture, definition and management of requirements, modeling and simulation, managing suppliers, managing cost and schedule, sub-system and aircraft integration, verification, and flight testing.
• Define, develop and document specifications, and qualify integrated system solutions for military and/or commercial aircraft.
• Participate in technical reviews of military and/or commercial avionics systems.
• Work with customers, partner companies, suppliers, and Sikorsky technical leaders.
• Provide technical support for avionics system safety and certification processes.
• Lead activities such as failure Investigations, root cause analysis and corrective actions, lesson learned, issues and design standards updates.
- Experience with BLACK HAWK FMS
- Very strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Experience interfacing with military customers
- requirements development
- software integration
- verification and qualification to DO-178
- Military or commercial Avionics experience
- IBM Rational DOORS experience
- Knowledge of MIL Standards and digital data buses including Ethernet, ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553
- Technical understanding of Fuel Bingo calculations (BLACK HAWK preferred)
- Technical understanding of Navigation calculators (time to go, fuel required, bearing & distance, etc.)
- Ability to communicate on all levels both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated technical leadership with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with rotorcraft avionics and systems
- Knowledge of modern avionics architectures, components and systems
- Expertise in software engineering processes with focus on DO-178
- Experience with agile development
- Familiarity with Scrum and/or Kanban helpful
- Fluency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- IBM Rational DOORS
- DXL expertise is highly desired
- Familiarity with version control software
- Expertise in requirements development & analysis
- Programming skills (C, C++ or similar language)
- Knowledge of MIL specs, FAA Certification Standards
- Expertise with digital data buses (Ethernet, ARINC 429,MIL-STD-1553)
- Familiarity with Earned Value (EV) – Cost Account Management (CAM) experience is a plus
- RNAV experience
- Airborne weapons experience
- Military or Civil aviation experience is a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs