Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering FARA Requirements Development in Stratford, Connecticut
Description: Sikorsky Aircraft’s Future Vertical Lift program is pursuing multiple efforts to develop next generation rotorcraft for the United States Army. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join Sikorsky System Engineering to help define the future of Sikorsky’s rotorcraft business. Sikorsky’s Systems Engineering group is looking for a candidate who is interested in pursuing rotorcraft model-based design definition, aircraft interface identification, verification and validation planning, risk analysis, and requirements analysis for rotorcraft systems and sub-systems. Candidate will be required to incorporate system requirements into a model based environment. Candidate will be responsible for development and management of the Functional Baseline Systems Model, Allocated Baseline Systems Model, system and subsystem specification development, requirements traceability and documenting processes in the associated program plans. All models will be developed in accordance with the program SEMP, customer expectations and within the program’s MBSE suite of tools. The candidate will also ensure a transparent approach to our modeling effort in developing a Model Management Plan with our program partners. Individual responsibilities will be commensurate with the candidate’s prior experience and education. Finally, FVL programs are expected to be fielded within the next 8 – 10 years. Due to the rapid nature of this project, this position offers the experience of supporting a DoD aircraft program from conceptual design through Required Assets Available and beyond.
• An appreciation of the interrelationships of aircraft systems and an appreciation for the impact that configuration or requirements changes may have on performance related attributes, cost and schedule.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently with technical IPTs, lead meetings, and drive tasks to closure
• Experience using DOORS to produce specifications, design descriptions, and traceability reports
• Use of Microsoft office products to facilitate design review material, preparation and execution
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting material to a wide range of audiences including the USG customer and senior management.
• The ability to deliver on time, high quality technical products to the USG customer
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience, or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Related disciplines include but are not limited to: Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Physics.
• Use of Model-Based Systems Engineering approaches using the Systems Modeling Language (SysML)
• Aircraft subsystem integration experience
• DoD Secret clearance is highly desired
• Experience providing timely solutions
• Experience solving complex technical problems both independently and in a collaborative environment
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs