Lockheed Martin Electro-Optical Engineering Principal/Senior Staff (OPCoE) in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Are you passionate about state-of-the-art technology in space exploration? Do you like seeing your work applied to real life applications that travel to space? Then you should join Lockheed Martin Space’s Optical Payload Center of Excellence (OPCoE) for space applications as OPCoE Engineering Principle/ Sr Staff.
This is a unique, senior technical role that is not limited to a single program, pursuit, or mission area. In this role, you will provide system architect-level technical support across a wide range of programs, supporting multiple Line of Business (LOB)s and multiple efforts within each LOB. Relevant technologies include imaging systems (EO and IR), active systems (Laser comm, LADAR/Lidar), and advanced optical sensing technologies such as hyperspectral, hyper-temporal, and others. You will work with engineers, managers and leaders within the LOBs, as well as across the Center of Excellence (CoE) to be the “first responder” technical support to the LOBs as well as provide insight and familiarity with the LOB missions and strategies back to the CoEs. This is a highly collaborative technical role with a significant opportunity and visibility across the enterprise.
As OPCoE Engineering Principal/Sr Staff in the LOB Engagement organization you will:
• Serve as the primary technical interface to LOB and APD organizations
• Be the default payload technical lead for relevant RFIs, proposals, whitepapers, etc.
• Provide roadmap/investment/partnership coordination between LOBs and OPCoE
• Engage in opportunity shaping, strategy, value-prop, discriminator identification & definition
• Support early/strategic customer engagement as it relates to CoE capabilities/products
OPCoE LOB Engagement engineers will work closely with both the OPCoE and LOB Program Architects to drive solutions to technical problems at the integrated payload and system level. You will:
• Provide direct support and coordination between LOB contract activities and the OPCoE organization
• Provide direct support to LOB new business pursuits by reviewing draft RFPs, developing customer RFI responses, and supporting proposal development and submittal activities
• Support the LOB and CoE in developing hardware development plans and the need for possible IRAD or capital funding
• Support the performance of optical payload trades, architectures, and design studies
• Lead and coordinate technical design changes to hardware being developed by OPCoE for the LOB
• Effectively communicate and coordinate with program management and customer throughout the product life cycle
• Provide insight into LOB IRAD planning efforts and submit to OPCoE management recommendations for IRAD investment
• Coordinate with LOB and OPCoE senior management capital requests.
• Attend monthly IOR meetings and present detailed status on LOB progress as requested
You would typically have a Bachelors and 20-30 years of professional experience, a Masters and 18-20 years, or a PhD and 15+ years.
We are looking for a strong background in optical engineering. You should demonstrate effective verbal communication, develop concise and professional technical presentations, and deliver briefings to peers, leadership, and US Government customers. You should be able to work in a classified environment. **Please note this position requires a TS/SCI clearance to start.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Demonstrated communications skills in technical presentations/proposals
• Demonstrated experience working across technology areas and disciplines
• Experience with both project/program management as well as proposals/pursuits
• Significant experience in optical payloads
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Greater than 5 years experience with project, program, IRAD and proposal leadership
• Hands-on technical experience across a wide variety of areas including optical design, electronics, image / signal processing, and / or opto mechanical assemblies and mechanisms
• A proven track record of successful technical / strategic leadership of pursuits with US government contracts in the aerospace or related fields
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs