Lockheed Martin QA Engineering Asc Mgr in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Sunnyvale, CA?
The coolest jobs on this planet…or any other…are with Lockheed Martin Space!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our outstanding men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to join a team that encourages employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
The Quality Engineering Associate Manager will be responsible for SPP Sunnyvale day-to-day leadership of a Quality Assurance team comprised of salary and union employees, providing oversight during the manufacturing and test of deliverable products. Manages development, modification, application and maintenance of quality evaluation and control systems utilized during the processing of materials into partially finished or finished products.
Responsible for coordinating employee recruitment, selection, training, performance assessment, assigning work and administering recognition/disciplinary actions. Lead all aspects of collaboration with engineering and manufacturing/ATLO functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Supervises the audit of quality systems for deficiency identification and corrective actions. Supports area Corrective Action Boards (CABs) and defect reduction.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., chemical, electrical, manufacturing, mechanical, industrial, aerospace engineering)
• Minimum of 2 years in a project lead or supervisory position
• 5+ years related experience in Quality/Production/Engineering environment
• Demonstrated application of aerospace manufacturing experience
• Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and organization skills
• Ability to multi-task, be thorough and detail oriented, with strong job closure and analytical skills
• Working knowledge of PR/MRB process
• Knowledge of Manufacturing/Quality processes and documentation
• Root Cause Analysis experience or training
• Experience with external quality standards such as ISO9001 and/or AS9100
• Strong Customer Relationship Skills
• Able to work off shifts, overtime and non-standard work weeks as needed to meet product deliveries
• Experience in a technical manufacturing environment.
• Active Top Secret required. Must have the ability to acquire and SCI , which requires an extensive background investigation
• Requires Full Spectrum Leadership qualities or equivalent Leadership Training.
• Aerospace or Defense industry experience advantageous
• Proven track record managing Quality Assurance efforts in accordance with enterprise-level command media and Program specific requirements
• Knowledge of root cause analyses methodologies and demonstrated experience in the development and evaluation of effective preventive/corrective action plans
• Green belt/black belt certification and demonstrated successful project completions
• Inclusive and customer focused behavior and problem solving abilities, developing employees, building constructive partnering relationships with customers, employees, and other business units
• Strong Communication Skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs