Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Senior Staff in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Do you have a commitment to success, proven interpersonal skills, a positive outlook? Are you a creative thinker and problem solver? Are you looking for a meaningful career?
If so, then we would love to speak with you! The Engineering & Technology organization is a highly dynamic and growing organization that plays a vital role in providing mission-critical intelligence solutions by optimizing satellite constellations, processing data through its entire life cycle and developing reliable cutting-edge infrastructure for information dissemination across a global network and to a variety of programs.
The Software Systems Engineer Senior Staff will have a strong technical focus to successfully execute on system level milestones. Develops and maintain strong relationships with customers, subcontractors, system engineering and software factory teams. This role ensures all FSW (including Testbed and Sim, Payload Data Formatter (PDF) and Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C) requirements and capabilities have been identified to flow to the supporting Factory teams. This includes requirements, interfaces and schedule giver/receivers to ensure successful system integration of FSW products in support of vehicle, mission payloads and ground. Performs complex engineering tasks, develops and maintains high level of engineering standards. Drives reusability in requirements and design across the mission areas.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline or equivalent experience/combined education
• 10 years of experience in full lifecycle software engineering
• Experience in spacecraft, or other relevant development product areas
• Experience in software system engineering, deriving subsystem requirements from complex system level requirements
• Experience using a Requirements Management System (such as DOORS) to capture subsystem requirements and maintain traceability
• Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
• Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
• Strong organizational skills
• Relevant and tangible experience as a software technical lead, CPE or RSE (5-7+ years)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills• Experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) in the software development lifecycle
• Experience developing and testing embedded spacecraft Flight software
• Real Time Operating System (RTOS) experience (Green Hills, VxWorks, RTEMS, etc.)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs