Weyerhaeuser Site Operations Manager in Tacoma, Washington
This position is part of Weyerhaeuser Distribution Business and reports to the Area General Manager. This position provides leadership, coaching, guidance, management and direction for the sales operations team in the distribution of Weyerhaeuser and third-party building materials products.
Safety - Create a safe and environmentally compliant distribution operation environment. Ensure that safety is understood, promoted and practiced by a diverse workforce. Build a safety culture that is embraced by both sales and operations associates. Lead and model expected behaviors.
Leadership - Select, develop and maintain an effective sales operation capable of delivering on the Value Delivery System. Develop internal skills that lead to best-in-class sales operations in facility layout, material handling, and forklift fleet rotation/ maintenance strategies as well as asset, expense and capital funds management. Be a visible leader in the yard and warehouse.
Logistics Management - Manage local third party operational/logistical relationships to ensure cost effectiveness and superior customer service including all vendor contracts and procurement. Act as a strategic site leader on the implementation of operational improvement programs utilizing methodologies aligned with Lean/Six Sigma to continuously improve productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
Customer Service - Work closely with sales team to meet customer service expectations (e.g., scheduling order fulfillment and cost-effective delivery). Develop and maintain strong customer relationships by sharing Sales and Safety Operational best practices with external partners.
Inventory Management - Oversee and manage the safe receipt, storage and delivery of wood products and third party distributed products to customers from one or more locations/facilities/reloads. Develop and implement procedures, practices and policies to safely meet inventory goals (accuracy and quality).
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Min. 5 years leading a team in a manufacturing or distribution setting, required.
- Production planning experience.
- Demonstrated experience with facility planning, analysis and layout of distribution and manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of supply chain logistical processes; including demand planning, distribution requirements planning, inventory management and control, transportation and logistics planning, and warehousing.
- Knowledge of current industry best practices in supply chain management to support process improvement.
- Ability to motivate, influence and encourage a diverse group of operations associates who have varied skill levels and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships across multiple functions.
- Working knowledge of how a business is run and variables that impact profitability.
- Working knowledge of effective inventory management and distribution practices.
- Personal commitment to safety.
- Prior experience with SAP is preferred.
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Site Operations Manager
Requisition ID: 01016880
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs