HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Respiratory Therapist in Tamarac, Florida
Registered Respiratory Therapist Respiratory Therapy Full Time, Mixed Shifts: Days AND Nights, 0.9 FTE University Hospital & Medical Center Tamarac, FL * * Up to $5,000 Sign-On Bonus Available - Apply Today! External Candidates Only. For more information, contact: Kimberly Zavala
Facility Description: University Hospital and Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital offering a wide range of surgical and medical services Since opening in 1974, we have distinguished ourselves as a leader in breakthroughs in orthopedic care as well as joint replacement. We continue to build on this tradition in our Orthopedic and Spine Institute. Our Center for Behavioral Health offers inpatient child, adolescent, adult and geriatric services while our outpatient services include a Partial hospitalization program (PHP), Intensive outpatient program (IOP) and a 24 hour behavioral health support hotline.They are also acertified Baker Act receiving facility. Universityis licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration and certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center.Our family-friendly ER provides expert, compassionate care for patients of all ages and special accommodations for seniors. Other specialty services include a wound care center as well as comprehensive diagnostic services accredited in multiple modalities including pediatric CT imaging by the American College of Radiology.
We continue a proud tradition of providing high quality personalized care in our local community. Explore possibilities to join our team wherecolleagues are valued and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect, and dignity.
We offer a generous benefits package, including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Match
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Reimbursement & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Scholarship Program
- Clinical Certification Support & Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- And more! Being a part of HCA Healthcare, we provide unprecedented career opportunity including the ability to move within more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 21 states and the United Kingdom.
Job Description: The Respiratory Therapist provides treatment, care and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. The tasks and responsibilities include: * Delivers and assesses responses to ordered therapy per plan of care including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures. * Utilizes various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas equipment such as masks, tents and incubators. * Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosol drugs. * Measures ventilatory volumes, pressures and blood gas analysis. * Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition and general acceptance of treatment.
- RRT State licensure required
- BLS health care provider & ACLS required.
- Graduate of Respiratory Care program accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Registered Respiratory Therapist
Location: Florida-Tamarac-University Hospital - Broward County
Requisition ID: 01645-6212