Cardinal Health Senior Data Engineer in Texas
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company connecting patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 50,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 20 on the Fortune 500.
We currently have a career opening for a Senior Data Engineer.
Augmented Intelligence ( augIntel ) builds automation, analytics and artificial intelligence solutions that drive success for Cardinal Health by creating material savings, efficiencies and revenue growth opportunities. The team drives business innovation by leveraging emerging technologies and turning them into differentiating business capabilities.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will help define and implement cloud-based infrastructure for Data Lakes, Analytics and Machine Learning initiatives. In this critical role, primary focus is to architect, implement and operationalizing large-scale enterprise data platforms, and solutions leveraging one or more of Google Cloud Platform technologies like BigQuery, Cloud Dataflow, Apache Beam, Cloud DataProc, BigTable, Cloud PubSub, Cloud Functions, Airflow and AtScale. As a primary subject matter expert, you will be providing consultation services and guiding various build and operations teams to productionize Big Data and Analytics workloads.
The role is part of Cloud Data Engineering team that leverages emerging cloud technologies to build Data Platforms and Pipelines at enterprise scale to support Analytics and ML/AI solutions. CDE Team leverages agile DevOps (DataOps, MLOps) practices, and automation to enable speed, quality, and provide a seamless experience to customers.
- Designing and implementing Data Platforms, Data Pipeline(integration) technologies, and Common Data Services using cloud native integration and analytics technologies
- Design and build low-code/no-code data pipeline frameworks to support large scale ingestions
- Perform detail assessments of current state data platforms and drive enhancements and optimization activities
- Optimize data pipelines for large scale data lake implementations
- Implement Common Data Services (e.g., Data Orchestration using AirFlow, Data Governance capabilities using Collibra) to support reuse across business functions
Proven experience in the following:
- Engineering experience in Big Data systems, Data Analytics and Data Integration related fields
- GCP experience in Cloud Infrastructure, Data Integration, Data Engineering, Cloud Analytics solutions, and experience with operationalizing enterprise scale solutions
- Architecting and designing data lakes on GCP cloud analytics, BI and Machine learning workloads
- Middleware technologies, and Data Ingestion technologies like GCP DataFlow, Fusion, and AirFlow
- Experience with AtScale is preferred
- Writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, etc.
- Agile development skills.
- CI/CD pipelines such as Concourse, Jenkins and Terraform technologies
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs