Arizona Public Service Inventory Management Analyst in Tonopah, Arizona
The* Inventory Management Analyst*collaborates with Supply Chain Management and Business Unit Partners to develop and implement inventory planning policies that optimize the Company's return on investment and service expectations. This position supports the Company efforts to drive optimized inventory levels across the network. Leads analysis against metrics to develop regular actionable insights that drive inventory performance through the use of leading practices and solutions.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelors degree in business, supply chain, statistics, or related discipline required and 1-3 years of experience with practical, direct exposure to inventory management and supply chain preferred. Education/Experience Equivalency: Professional certification (e.g., APICS, CSCMP) and 3-5+ years of significant, closely-related inventory management, production planning experience may be substituted for minimum education/experience requirements; or Associate's degree in business or related discipline, professional certification (e.g., APICS, CSCMP), and 3+ years' of significant, closely-related inventory management, production planning experience may be substituted education/experience requirements. MBA or masters degree in related discipline is desirable. Professional certification (e.g., APICS, CSCMP) is desirable. Requires knowledge of inventory and supply chain management principles. Good analytical, verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills; and proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Major Accountabilities: 1) Periodically reviews inventory footprint and provides recommendations for improving service levels and warehouse space optimization.
2) Achieve established return on investment goals through effective management of inventory policies, forecast technology and cross functional planning with buyers, business units and suppliers.
3) Explore innovative solutions to drive operational enhancements in a positive, productive manner, through analysis, design and recommendations over traditional inventory management functions.
4) Create a consensus inventory demand plan by incorporating planned outages, product retirements and consumption forecasts into the demand planning process, synchronizing demand and supply requirements. Gather and analyze inventory projections and planning parameters, summarizing data for distribution across Business Units and Supply Chain Management as part of the collaborative planning process with suppliers.
5) Continuously measure and analyze key performance metrics to achieve Company objectives aimed at return on invested capital and service level targets. Recommend and implement continuous improvement opportunity based on analysis.
6) Execute and design inventory strategies utilizing Total Cost of Ownership models to derive optimal value of assets.
7) Leads the design, testing, and implementation of short/long term forecasting tools and software enhancements.
8) Collaborates with Business Unit Partners on effective management of critical spare inventory.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Pinnacle West") maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law. For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster.
View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Arizona Public Service is a smoke free workplace.
Job ID: 20210133
Location: Tonopah, AZ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time