Lockheed Martin IT Help Desk Support in Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a team where employees envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We are creating a better today and tomorrow by seamlessly aligning diversity and inclusion efforts with Lockheed Martin’s values and business strategy. We offer business resource groups such as African American Council for Excellence (AACE), The Women’s Impact Network (WIN), Hispanic Organization for Leadership & Awareness (HOLA), Military/Veterans Network, PRIDE LGBT Professional Network, and more. We are also committed to enabling transitioning veterans to connect with their communities and find new purpose as they reintegrate into civilian life. By clicking on the links, you can find out more on how we proudly support Global Diversity and Hiring Our Heroes .
The Payload Launch Sites Support Services (PLSSS) Program within LM Space provides all launch processing support functions for Office of Space Launch (OSL). One of the program's two primary operating locations is Vandenberg AFB, CA. Key elements of the PLSSS program scope include satellite launch processing, satellite transport operations, satellite propellant loading operations, and satellite processing facilities O&M, clean room operations, and safety and environmental services.
The IT Help Desk Support tasks include, but are not be limited to:
• Providing help desk assistance, application software development and maintenance, as well as network and computer room operations.
• Provide desktop support with primarily Windows PCs for various customers as needed.
• Support installation and maintenance of many COTS applications including MAXIMO, CMstat, Sharepoint, Office and AutoCAD.
• Patch and verify all Lockheed Martin computers at site, and install latest operating system and applicable security updates.
• Candidate must be able to work in a launch site environment.
• Overtime, travel, and off-shift work will be occasionally required.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Ability to obtain/retain a TS/SCI w/ Poly is required.
• Bachelors degree (Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or similar related discipline preferred or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Must be a U.S. citizen.
• Must be familiar with Windows 10.
• Must be familiar with Office 365/2016 products.
• Must be familiar with software updates and software/hardware troubleshooting.
• Must be able to obtain/retain a TS/SCI access.
• Must be able to work in a launch site environment including ability to climb stairs and wear breathing apparatus.
• Must possess excellent customer service skills, be able to multi-task and be detail-oriented.
• Comp TIA Security+ certification
• Experience with Maximo 7.6 or greater
• Experience with BIRT report development
• Experience with SQL, C#, JAVA, VBA, PowerShell and other scripting languages
• Experience with VMware
• Experience with Active Directory
• Experience with Windows Server 2012 or greater
• Experience with Networking
• Experience with Security/vulnerability scans and remediation
• Experience with Apple IOS
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs